Why even think about going detecting?

Claiming different numbers of dependents just affects the amount held from each paycheck. It all gets reconciled when you prepare your yearly tax statement.
True...unless at the end of the year you simply don't exist....

True...unless at the end of the year you simply don't exist....

Even people that die have their estates subjected to taxes. Thats why they say the only things you can count on in life are death AND taxes. :D

If you don't get outside you are in danger of getting SAD...

No joke..

Seasonal Affective Disorder

It could make your life worse than you already think it is..

I work outside alone, and am considered "essential" fortunately...

Some sunshine is extremely good for your body and soul..

If you don't get outside you are in danger of getting SAD...

No joke..

Seasonal Affective Disorder

It could make your life worse than you already think it is..

I work outside alone, and am considered "essential" fortunately...

Some sunshine is extremely good for your body and soul..
Been taking the dog and 2 year old grand daughter for walks along a bike/walking trail to get some sun and feed the ducks along the way . Did get out last weekend to detect before they shut the whole area down. Still getting our sun and fresh air but avoiding as many people as possible. Will give it another week or 2 to see how it is going . I have a spot walking distance from the house where there will be no one to run in to on the weekends.

Even people that die have their estates subjected to taxes. Thats why they say the only things you can count on in life are death AND taxes. :D

The estate tax exemption currently is $11.58 million per individual, so you'd have to have a pretty large estate to have to pay taxes. ;)

Been taking the dog and 2 year old grand daughter for walks along a bike/walking trail to get some sun and feed the ducks along the way . Did get out last weekend to detect before they shut the whole area down. Still getting our sun and fresh air but avoiding as many people as possible. Will give it another week or 2 to see how it is going . I have a spot walking distance from the house where there will be no one to run in to on the weekends.

Right track ^

The weather is finally starting to warm up so I'll be at our local park walking in the early morning. There's never been more than 7-8 people walking there at the same time and it's a quarter mile track so keeping my distance shouldn't be a problem. I'll be detecting in the next week or so and I won't have any trouble staying away from others. I never detect where there are crowds.

Most places say you can excersie NP. Metal detecting is excersie.

Just stay alone and it's easy to find spots in woods and forests etc.

My state says we can exercise run/walk as long as we use the 6’ rule.
Heck people are closer together in a grocery store than in the empty parks. And the fresh air and sunshine is good for you. Some people get strange and sometimes violent when cooped up. Getting out just for a walk in the fresh air can really help some. Remember there some that go way overboard and to the extreme. Just use common sense.
I’m going detecting tomorrow because the temperature will get close to 60*
So stay in so I gave more room.
Doug

I mean really? Is it that important to risk your life or others? It's just a selfish idea, stay home and get things done around the house, pick up a book and learn something. You may think you are alone in a park, but how many times has a kid snuck up behind you and you didn't hear them? Almost every time I go out I get that.

Use your head.

Every situation is not the same. One size never fits all. Use common sense and press on.

Its an interesting time for sure. I live in NZ and things appear to be a bit tighter over here, as regards what you can and cant do right now. We went into lockdown on Wednesday but we have been told in no uncertain terms that we are to stay at home unless really necessary. Only supermarkets and fuel stations can continue operating, no other retail outlets and if we are driving, will almost certainly be stopped and questioned. If driving in the opposite direction to a supermarket and cannot provide a receipt for our shopping we're in the s**t. There is no mail, postal service is deemed not to be an essential service. The interesting thing is that our local MD clubs and forums have stated that anybody spotted out hunting during our lockdown will be removed and banned. The reasoning there, rightly or wrongly is that seeing people outside and seemingly ignoring our govts advice would dilute the strength of the message and encourage others to do likewise. We have four weeks to get this thing in check and are determined to do so. (The presence of the military on the streets is a good incentive lol) Heaven knows I cant afford it go go on any longer!! No soapbox here, no preaching or hidden message, just saying how its being hit head on over here. I'm only in my third day and am climbing the walls, but my finds collection has been cleaned and re cleaned to within an inch of its life.

The estate tax exemption currently is $11.58 million per individual, so you'd have to have a pretty large estate to have to pay taxes. ;)

The worst part is when, as an example, my mom passed away. You got people you don't even owe anything trying to claim stuff. Had people try to charge me for a hospital bed medicare paid for. Plus had someone trying to sue for $ on stuff my folks never had anything to do with. I had to use a lawyer to set up a court date and the people suing never showed up. Only problem is my Lawyer still wanted his $:shock: I also had a stupid lawyer file for medicaid for my mom. I fired the lawyer over that and other things. The Govt was wanting to get their hands on my moms house. Only problem was i paid all my moms bills out of my own pocket, and kept receipts:roll:

Its an interesting time for sure. I live in NZ and things appear to be a bit tighter over here, as regards what you can and cant do right now. We went into lockdown on Wednesday but we have been told in no uncertain terms that we are to stay at home unless really necessary. Only supermarkets and fuel stations can continue operating, no other retail outlets and if we are driving, will almost certainly be stopped and questioned. If driving in the opposite direction to a supermarket and cannot provide a receipt for our shopping we're in the s**t. There is no mail, postal service is deemed not to be an essential service. The interesting thing is that our local MD clubs and forums have stated that anybody spotted out hunting during our lockdown will be removed and banned. The reasoning there, rightly or wrongly is that seeing people outside and seemingly ignoring our govts advice would dilute the strength of the message and encourage others to do likewise. We have four weeks to get this thing in check and are determined to do so. (The presence of the military on the streets is a good incentive lol) Heaven knows I cant afford it go go on any longer!! No soapbox here, no preaching or hidden message, just saying how its being hit head on over here. I'm only in my third day and am climbing the walls, but my finds collection has been cleaned and re cleaned to within an inch of its life.

Thanks for checking! It's always interesting to read how other parts of the world are dealing with this.

Stay safe and healthy!

Back
Top Bottom