hi there new hunter here

scott1028

hi there im shawn
I just learned how to metal detect im new at it if you could give me any tips that would be greatly appreciated

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Others will likely share more tips, but don't get discouraged finding trash, sometimes you might find a lot of trash before getting a good find.

Also, take your trash with you and be sure to refill your holes, on grass cut a plug and replace it afterwards.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Thanks for the tip winnsboro sc
I see your using a bounty hunter model how good is it on discriminating
I'm using just a basic begginers detector from harbor freight
I'm picking up alot of electrical wire

Thanks for the tip winnsboro sc
I see your using a bounty hunter model how good is it on discriminating
I'm using just a basic begginers detector from harbor freight
I'm picking up alot of electrical wire

Hey Shawn !

While the BH Tracker IV is a budget level detector, it's a great deal considering the low price it is, to answer your question better than I could with words here is a good video someone made and it includes a demo of the different sounds the Tracker IV makes for different obects -

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Review Demonstration and How To Operate

Parks, playgrounds, etc can be a fun place to detect and you can pick up coins. Just remember we will never get rich detecting but it is fun/ You will find lots of trash with your HF machine but don't get discouraged. We all dig a lot of trash. We just don't brag about digging the trash.

hi shawn--

just stay on this site, hunt for youtube videos, and detect as often as humanly possible to learn your machine. it's not necessarily location as much as how thorough you are sometimes!

Welcome from Atlanta. Hint: fill your profile out more completely so we can see where you are from, type of detector and types of hunting. Helps us give out proper advice.

Back
Top Bottom