• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Pat Feb 26 95

teotwawki12

Elite Member
It's hollow and it's some sort of copper alloy...and it has a patent date one it. Anybody recognize this doo dad?

Attachments

• DSCN0515.jpg
    DSCN0515.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 289
the size seems perfectly reasonable; I have found tiny little oilers for sewing machines and the like... I think you may be on it! My patent searching revealed a sewage filtering machine design for that date so I think I like yours better....thanks man!

Found this oil can patent that looks like it could be a match. Seems like a darn small oil can though, but I guess tiny things need oiling sometimes too. The patent documents don’t give any indication of actual measurements, so who knows!

View attachment 446316

Full patent documents can be found here:

US Patent and Trademark Office: Mr. Chase’s Oil Can

Using that as a basis for searching photos, I found this photo of old oilers....check out the one kind of in the back middle...feeling good about that one....thank AT

Attachments

• 61AA9EAC-3731-4B3D-9EA7-DBEAE5A19DF0.jpg
    61AA9EAC-3731-4B3D-9EA7-DBEAE5A19DF0.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 209
Using that as a basis for searching photos, I found this photo of old oilers....check out the one kind of in the back middle...feeling good about that one....thank AT

Absolutely, I think that one in the picture sure seals the deal! Cool find, and good research tag team!

My patent searching revealed a sewage filtering machine design for that date so I think I like yours better...

Often times it’s a blast looking through old patents, like a trip through history...but sometimes it just plain “stinks” :lol:

Glad to have helped!!

Back
Top Bottom