Two monster rings, and a 52 rosie

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Went up to the ol' town to do some yard work over the last few days, and got together with my old huntin buddy to hunt some schools we have pounded that keep producing. I think the kids at the high school throw coins at each other which is fine by me, and always results in a good clad count.

The first evening we hit a 1950s grade school that we've hunted many times. I was working my way across the park towards the school building, and got a real nice 26-27 on the 800. When I got down to pinpoint, I could see that it was a big ring surface find. :wow: My heart almost skipped a beat when I picked it up thinking it might be silver, or white gold. Unfortunately it was silver plate, but still a great find. "Made in the US" is what was engraved on the inner part, but nothing to indicate who the owner was. Too bad.

IMG_0911.jpg

I worked my way over to the back entrance of the school, and swung along a line about 15' parallel to the sidewalk. I picked up a deep signal that pinpointed a long low tone on the 800 with a scratchy 26-28 high tone on one end. It was hard to pinpoint because the longer metal piece was near it, so I moved around, and was barely able to isolate it. I dug down about 6" and out popped the 1952 rosie. Great!

I continued along the line, and got another scratchy and junky deep signal that was showing 23-32 on the VDI, something interesting I thought....or perhaps junk. I cut a plug, rolled it over, and saw part of the sterling ring in situ, the kind I love to see and take a pic of. Unfortunately no camera, and my cell phone stinks.

IMG_0914.jpg

What is really interesting is that I gridded this same area before with my 705, and my buddy had done the same with his CTX. The recovery speed is a great feature on the 800, and without it, I dont think I could have found these items. The silver coin program I got from one of the members here was also a great help since it isolates the high tones.

The second evening we hit the high school which produce great clad results, and a nice vintage silver ring with a moss agate for my buddy.

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Last edited:
Congrats on those nice finds!

Thank you

Congrats on the rings and the Rosie!

Thanks

Sweet finds Tommy! Great write up!

Thanks Tom

Congrats Tommy on the Rosie, the Sterling and a great clad haul. Trapper

Thank you Trapper

Love those ringss!

Thank you. I found one a few years ago like the silver one. I think there are quite a few out there.

Nice finds...….

Thank you

awesome finds congrats

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom