No Gold but It’s About the Apples!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Went for a South Beach hunt today, leaving work early for the 1pm low tide. 30 minutes into the hunt, I got a target and looked down and thought I saw sun-glass legs showing through the sand. When I finally scooped it up I noticed a nice Apple watch in the scoop! (The wife just bought a refurbished one from best Buy this week for $250). Hopefully this one will work and she can return the other. An hour later, I get another sound and I notice this target has a big footprint. After 2 scoops, I come up with an iPhone in a wet dry bag that obviously did not do its job as there is sand and water in it. I know the phone is toast but is still sell-able. I hunted for a total of 4 hours with few targets, but I did manage that silver ring towards the end. When I got home and took the phone out of the case I noticed all the credit cards that were in it. Too bad it wasn’t cash. Hopefully, the Apple watch will work and I can give it to the wife, but if not it goes for sale with the phone.

Attachments

• 11-6-18.jpg
    11-6-18.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 648
  • 11-6-18 Apple (1).jpg
    11-6-18 Apple (1).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 630
  • 11-6-18 Apple (2).jpg
    11-6-18 Apple (2).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 624
  • 11-6-18 Apple (3).jpg
    11-6-18 Apple (3).jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 605
Way to go! We are so sanded in and are lacking tourists i got three Felix zincs today:shock::laughing:

Nice watch, I hope it works. Where do you sell broken phones? Surely your not talking about those machines in malls and Walmart’s?

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Like the title, It's about the Apples..and it is!

nice finds an apple a day keeps the doc away 2 apples in one day maybe some sand will go away i hope soon

You should be able to find the owner in the menu of the watch and possibly return it.
The watch wont charge on my wife's Apple watch charger so it might be a goner. This is what I found for looking up its' water resistance capabilities:

"Apple Watch Series 3 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that it may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean".

But then I also found "Liquid damage not covered under warranty". :roll:

SO WHAT GIVES APPLE? IS IT WATERPROOF OR NOT? Evidently, it's not!

I am assuming the Credit Cards had a name on it.. if he REALLY wanted to find them then...
I contacted Student Relations at Chatham University this morning and gave them my name and phone number for her to contact me. I really think that phone has been lost for over for over a week. It's and iPhone 5 and it's toast. Not much value there in that condition but I will put it up for sale and may get a bit for it. I assume she cancelled all the credit cards and probably has replacements already, in addition to a new student id. My call was to let her know that I found her stuff so that she could feel at ease and if she wanted any of the cards or id mailed back. I suspect she wont.

LOVE the High dollar bycatch Felix!! This Sport aint all about the coins or gold..Its about the Hunt! And making it Pay! Beauty Example!

I contacted Student Relations at Chatham University this morning and gave them my name and phone number for her to contact me. I really think that phone has been lost for over for over a week. It's and iPhone 5 and it's toast. Not much value there in that condition but I will put it up for sale and may get a bit for it. I assume she cancelled all the credit cards and probably has replacements already, in addition to a new student id. My call was to let her know that I found her stuff so that she could feel at ease and if she wanted any of the cards or id mailed back. I suspect she wont.

Two nice finds, and what you did is awesome. My friend Karen found an Apple watch but it works but its locked so can't use it?

Two nice finds, and what you did is awesome. My friend Karen found an Apple watch but it works but its locked so can't use it?
Thanks! I'd rather find a working locked anything than something that's toasted. I am sure that if she put it up for sale even locked she would get some nice $. Has she Googled "resetting a locked Apple Watch"?

The watch wont charge on my wife's Apple watch charger so it might be a goner. This is what I found for looking up its' water resistance capabilities:

"Apple Watch Series 3 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that it may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean".

But then I also found "Liquid damage not covered under warranty". :roll:

SO WHAT GIVES APPLE? IS IT WATERPROOF OR NOT? Evidently, it's not!

I think you should sue Apple for false advertising .. just send in your warranty and point out where it says its waterproof down to 50 meters... oh you don't have the warranty card? You aren't the owner? You are out of luck Felix :laughing: Throw it in the trash with those worthless decrepit Felix pennies :yes:

I think you should sue Apple for false advertising .. just send in your warranty and point out where it says its waterproof down to 50 meters... oh you don't have the warranty card? You aren't the owner? You are out of luck Felix :laughing: Throw it in the trash with those worthless decrepit Felix pennies :yes:
Let's make a bet on that it sells toasted "as is" on Ebay? :p :D

Great recovery Felix! That iWatch may still be worht something. I found one in a waterfall I was detecting in earlier this year and was in pretty much the same condition. Yet was able to sell it as is for $100.

How do like like d'em apples?

Back
Top Bottom