V nickel, injuns and my first silver spoon

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Well, after 7-1/2 years of detecting and about 60-70 spoons and forks, I finally found my first silver spoon!
Marked sterling with a really cool hallmark (anybody recognize it?)

Two more injuns bring the tribe to 15 FTY.
1905 V nickel has seen better days.

Happy Hunting Everybody:D

Attachments

• 5-17-17 spoon, V, injuns, souvenir.jpg
    5-17-17 spoon, V, injuns, souvenir.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 416
  • 5-17-17 Silver spoon.jpg
    5-17-17 Silver spoon.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 407
  • 5-17-17 silver spoon 2.jpg
    5-17-17 silver spoon 2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 415
  • 5-17-17 Souvenir.jpg
    5-17-17 Souvenir.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 5-17-17 1905 V.jpg
    5-17-17 1905 V.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 415
  • 5-17-17 1891 injun.jpg
    5-17-17 1891 injun.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 440
  • 5-17-17 injun.jpg
    5-17-17 injun.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 410
"Injuns?" Really? That racist term is actually allowed here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unfortunately, yes. The issue has been discussed, and it is apparently okey-dokey.:roll: Nice finds, nonetheless, Matt!

I am not afraid of words, are you?
Unfortunately, yes. The issue has been discussed, and it is apparently okey-dokey.:roll: Nice finds, nonetheless, Matt!
Thanks Stevo
Didn't you get the memo? Political Correctness is out now. Freedom of expression is back! :D
Sort of...
Great hunt, congrats on the shiny spoon!
Thanks
Nice job buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Mike
Big Congrats on your first silver spoon and on your growing Injun tribe.

beephead
Never thought I would find one:D

It isn't about being afraid of words, it's about not using words that make you look and sound like an ignorant bigot.

OK word police, next stop thought police.
Big Brother is watching me...

Tell me what to say, tell me how to think:no:

It isn't about being afraid of words, it's about not using words that make you look and sound like an ignorant bigot.

What if that "bigot" was a Native American Indian, himself, would it be okay if he said "Injun"? I don't have to tell you what black people call each other that you would call bigoted.

What if that "bigot" was a Native American Indian, himself, would it be okay if he said "Injun"? I don't have to tell you what black people call each other that you would call bigoted.

Last point first…

The version of the n-word you're referring to (ending in -a) is completely different from the one that is offensive (ending in -er).

Secondly, if OP were an NAI, using a term like "Injun" would make him look and sound even MORE ignorant and idiotic. Also, I never said OP WAS a bigot. I said using such terminology made him come across as one. And he does.

Last point first…

The version of the n-word you're referring to (ending in -a) is completely different from the one that is offensive (ending in -er).

Secondly, if OP were an NAI, using a term like "Injun" would make him look and sound even MORE ignorant and idiotic. Also, I never said OP WAS a bigot. I said using such terminology made him come across as one. And he does.

Meh. People find what they look for. If you are looking for bigotry, then you will find it, even where it isn't. I've been an innocent victim of an accusation by a sensitive minority coworker who was looking for bigotry in a statement that I made. Fortunately my supervisor, who was of the same race as my coworker, and who knew better, was able to smooth things over. But if you want to find bigotry, you will find it, even if in your imagination.

Last point first…

And you come across as a someone who thinks them better then other because of their "virtous view points"...... eyes of the beholder homie they are just words.

And you come across as a someone who thinks them better then other because of their "virtous view points"...... eyes of the beholder homie they are just words.

I have no idea what you're trying to say, but you seem to think that I've taken offense to OP's choice of words. I haven't. I'm just surprised that such language is allowed here while general swear words (even the super tame ones) get censored. But my main point wasn't that I find the language offensive, it was that the usage of such language makes the user come across as an ignorant bigot.

I have no idea what you're trying to say, but you seem to think that I've taken offense to OP's choice of words. I haven't. I'm just surprised that such language is allowed here while general swear words (even the super tame ones) get censored. But my main point wasn't that I find the language offensive, it was that the usage of such language makes the user come across as an ignorant bigot.

Thanks for your view.
If you would like to continue off-topic, please send me PM's:D

Back
Top Bottom