• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

nox 600 vs duel field in depth

coldmidget

I've had my nox 600 now for 3 weeks. I've been beach hunting. and I know for fact that in digging deeper then my duel field. some targets I give up on. due to digging knee deep in wet sand and still not finding target. has anyone else that uses duel field noticed that? I'm scared to go to a park and dig in the dirt ill need a back hoe.

thoughts, facts, opinions, comments?

You must have a DF with issues.. no way the Nox is deeper than it...

well I've had my duel field for 8yrs. had it checked up repaired 1 yrs ago. had battery connector replace. i have dug deep holes with it. it my be fluke that all my finds are deep. I have whites m6 detector and some of my targets are so deep it don't even see them. (tested that Friday. didn't have duel field with me).

after sitting here thinking about it. it may seem deeper due to the fact my pin pointing is not exact yet. and targets falling deeper in hole ??

X 2 duel field i have dug gold at 20"
and cell phones at 28"
the duel field also will do black sand great
nox no way :yes:

So....with the Nox your digging knee deep holes and giving up on . Which means you didn't get the target. You've only been using it 3 weeks ? This tells me a few things. You need alot more time and experience with the Nox. You may have a faulty Nox. That machine is notorious for falsing in mineralized sand on deep targets. Don't go by the #s that are bouncing all over the place. You want a small solid sound. My DF NEVER beat the 800 in depth. NEVER....

So....with the Nox your digging knee deep holes and giving up on . Which means you didn't get the target. You've only been using it 3 weeks ? This tells me a few things. You need alot more time and experience with the Nox. You may have a faulty Nox. That machine is notorious for falsing in mineralized sand on deep targets. Don't go by the #s that are bouncing all over the place. You want a small solid sound. My DF NEVER beat the 800 in depth. NEVER....

agree with more time learning machine. it may seem deeper due to the fact my pin pointing is not exact yet. and targets falling deeper in hole ??

after sitting here thinking about it. it may seem deeper due to the fact my pin pointing is not exact yet. and targets falling deeper in hole ??

That I can agree with.. I have watched some pretty bad pinpointing with the Nox by others where they claimed they pulled silver down over 20 inches with the Nox... no way they just were terrible pinpointing...

I have hunted with a Nox and my plugs are no bigger using it than my MXT in the dirt the MXT sweet spot is right under the bolt...

We need to do a pvc pipe test like OBN’s. I’ve read this about 600 vs DF too often and both my DF and recently acquired 600 don’t impress me with depth that much. But haven’t seen much gold this year and I mainly use the CTX, which is as deep as I would hope for.
One thing I do not see with the DF is vanishing targets. With both CTX and 600 one more scoop and It’s found. Must be sensitivity to orientation of the coin.

You must have a DF with issues.. no way the Nox is deeper than it...

Agreed. A beach pulse is going to go deeper than a discriminating detector. But of course that comes with the down-side of lacking ability to knock out iron. Pros & Cons.

I have used the Dual Field quite a bit and believe that it is much deeper than the Nox 800. The DF also handles the black sand better. The advantages of the Nox are TID, discrimination, coil options, programmability and sensibility to smaller targets like gold chains.

I encourage everyone to buy Nox's, and it's for a reason...Good Luck and give it a little more time. Could be you got one with Steroids..

We need to do a pvc pipe test like OBN’s. I’ve read this about 600 vs DF too often and both my DF and recently acquired 600 don’t impress me with depth that much. But haven’t seen much gold this year and I mainly use the CTX, which is as deep as I would hope for.
One thing I do not see with the DF is vanishing targets. With both CTX and 600 one more scoop and It’s found. Must be sensitivity to orientation of the coin.
Good reply and got me thinking. Even the pvc test I think is a little distorted. I can pinpoint the DF rather easy , the Nox a little harder. Scoop size is paramount. Mine is 8x13. After 1 scoop the target is still in the hole. The 2nd full scoop , it's out. So , was the gold ring 1" under before the next scoop or 13" under ? Top or bottom of the next scoop , I will never know. Nor do I care. But when I look at the hole when finished , its 2' deep. But the ring could have been sitting at the 14" level. So rethinking my depth levels I'm sure there is a slight discrepancy. What about 3 or 4 scoops , widening the hole a bit , etc ? I'm not on my knees with a tape measure on every dig to gauge the depth. Again , I don't care. I got the ring out and I'm on to the next. It's all about volume with THE KOB !
Regarding heavy , thick black sand. I was just at a beach where up high on the slope it was next to impossible with my DF. I had to go very slow with the coil about 6" off the sand to hear targets. 2 guys with the Nox couldn't do it. Complete fail. Even when I tried with my Nox it was worthless. As you dropped lower into the wet , both machines worked fine. The only time I have problems with targets disappearing is in the wet where the sand and water is caving in fast. The target is sinking deeper. I can get these with the DF , but not always with the Nox. It's weird and I think Nox guys give up frequently during this scenario.

I encourage everyone to buy Nox's, and it's for a reason...Good Luck and give it a little more time. Could be you got one with Steroids..

Of course you would encourage people to buy a Nox... its not deeper than your Excal or mine and its not deeper than a pulse :D

Of course you would encourage people to buy a Nox... its not deeper than your Excal or mine and its not deeper than a pulse :D

"I Know Nothing"...... Buy those Nox's..:D

It's such a good feeling to see more and more.

Of course you do. For the same reason I have...lol...But for you it's even more different. You're in the water..all the time. No way is that thing gonna hold up. For me , what I like to see is this : because it has an adjustable recovery speed , guys think they can spin down the beach like the Tasmanian Devil. I love it ! I do go fast AT TIMES with the DF. But they look back after leap frogging me wondering what I'm digging. Thinking why I'm so slow...lol....I love it !

My nox paid for itself for the sixth or seventh time today with two years of warranty left. Seems like it’s a deep machine to me, not as deep as my TDI but not much is.

Of course you do. For the same reason I have...lol...But for you it's even more different. You're in the water..all the time. No way is that thing gonna hold up. For me , what I like to see is this : because it has an adjustable recovery speed , guys think they can spin down the beach like the Tasmanian Devil. I love it ! I do go fast AT TIMES with the DF. But they look back after leap frogging me wondering what I'm digging. Thinking why I'm so slow...lol....I love it !
I'd rather see competitors swinging Nox's than pulses at my beaches, especially, when there is black sand and even more so when they are swinging the coil 2"-4" above the sand! :yes:

I did a year ago when people were crying about it then. Monster gold ring at 24" in the wet. DF got it. Nox did not.

Interesting, I’m on the west coast of Florida, our sand is basically quartz in most places and very little black sand or mineralization. Basically only the salt to deal with, from my understanding it makes many detectors have little trouble ie. The orca aquasound was popular but would not work many other areas. Could have a lot to do with my success with the machine but deeper than a pulse? Not in the water.

Back
Top Bottom