Lost civil war treasure / FBI recovery ?

I've looked over the links. And I find the evidence to be over-whelming. Where do I sign up to help with the hunt ?

If it had been a measly paltry 10 million, or 10 billion, I wouldn't be interested. But since it's 20 billion, well gee, sign me up ! See ? The higher the dollar value attributed, then THE MORE TRUE IT MUST BE !

However, I see words like "alleged" and "claimed" and "mythology" and "supposed", etc... But we can disregard all such speculative "maybes" in this case. Because it's got all the other requisite ingredients :

1) Giant boulders to block a cave . The durned treasure bury people NEVER make it easy. It always has to involve insane depths, Giant boulders, booby-traps, or some such impediment. Right ? So the moment you add those ingredients, it HAS to be true.

Never mind the logic-test that the person who buried it would have had it EQUALLY hidden whether it was a foot deep or 100 ft. deep. If it's invisible from the surface, then ...... it's invisible. What more "hidden-ness does added feet benefit them ? Nothing. So ... what's the point ? And gee, they have to return for it later. But let me guess : They make it as difficult for themselves as well. Eh ? Doesn't anyone ever see this absurdity ??

2) And re.: these giant boulders : I'll bet that it'll be claimed or mused that they were thousands of pounds. Because gee, you gotta keep the bad guys out of the cave. And if the skeptic tries to point out that it would take a FORKLIFT or CRANE to lift such a monster, the faithful will come up with all sorts of extreme pulley and fulcrum system theories, where ... if you get 100 men, it *could* be done.

So in their mind, if you can find ANY way that a crazy scheme *could* have been pulled off, then ....... by golly ..... IT HAPPENED ! And they now think the burden of proof is back on the skeptic to prove it didn't happen . !!! ? This makes no sense.

I can go on and on dismantling this other story. They're a dime a dozen.

And the amount of press they get is directly commensurate with their size of fortune. If it's a bread & butter cache, it doesn't get bandied around much. But if it's $20 billion, then every news outlets wants to do a story. And ... humorously ..... the "more stories" simply make it all-the-more-true. Because the faithful will point to all those stories circulating , and say "Where there's smoke, there's fire". But no one seems to connect the dots and realize that they're only making THEIR OWN SMOKE.

Thought you would enjoy that article. :laughing: Here is another one that was passed on to share with you. https://www.newsweek.com/treasure-hunter-unearths-fortune-2000-year-old-gold-coins-1671797

So what is the point of that link, for me ?

Let me guess : Actual/true treasures-found-stories like this, add credence to other/all treasure legends ? :?:

So for example : When sparring with someone over the ridiculous Oak Island nonsense, I had one of the "O.I. faithful" cite the Mel Fisher Atocha story. As if to say or imply that :

"If Mel Fisher had a kill-joy attitude, he would never have looked for, or found , the Atocha. Therefore we should not poo-poo doubt treasure stories." Eh ?

Is that the point of your last link here David ?

If so, then guess what my response to this line of logic is going to be ? :roll:

So what is the point of that link, for me ?

Let me guess : Actual/true treasures-found-stories like this, add credence to other/all treasure legends ? :?:

So for example : When sparring with someone over the ridiculous Oak Island nonsense, I had one of the "O.I. faithful" cite the Mel Fisher Atocha story. As if to say or imply that :

"If Mel Fisher had a kill-joy attitude, he would never have looked for, or found , the Atocha. Therefore we should not poo-poo doubt treasure stories." Eh ?

Is that the point of your last link here David ?

If so, then guess what my response to this line of logic is going to be ? :roll:

They simply wanted me to point out to you that there are real treasures still being found out there all the time .

They simply wanted me to point out to you that there are real treasures still being found out there all the time .

YES ! No doubt that's why you did it.

And guess what the point of this point is supposed to be ? Easy : That we should therefore not doubt the treasure-legends that bandy-about on our forums . Right ?

If you can agree that this is the expected syllogism, then again I ask you : What is the response you think I'm going to offer ? :roll:

... then again I ask you : What is the response you think I'm going to offer ? :roll:

Ok, I can't resist. HERE IS THE RESPONSE :

That ... The implied premise is that : Past tense treasures-found NECESSARILY add credence/proof to un-found future-tense treasure stories.

If that implied inherent premise is *true*, then ..... YES ! Every future treasure legend IS and MUST be true ! Eh ? :roll:

But ask yourself : Since when is this a starting premise ? :?: Since when is this a default starting "given" ? :?: Ie.: SAYS WHO ? :?:

Why isn't it that some treasures could indeed have had logical historical basis, while others could be embellished B.S. ghost-stories ?

Hey, if you watched the entire animation you saw at the end that at least Dave left you a note admitting he got to the treasure first :laughing:

No ! This just assumes "there is a treasure" ! You have swallowed the Dave "poison pill" of non-logical-assumptions ! He must have conscripted you in an evil-plot to torture me :pullhair: :confused:

No ! This just assumes "there is a treasure" ! You have swallowed the Dave "poison pill" of non-logical-assumptions ! He must have conscripted you in an evil-plot to torture me :pullhair: :confused:

All in fun Tom ! :laughing:

I guess there should had been a section showing Dave walking away with the treasure before you got there :laughing:

You can use this free online app to split that animation into individual frames to make it easier to print -

https://ezgif.com/split

.....kinda like having your own comic strip :laughing:

(I realize not "all" treasure stories might be valid :lol: but I'll let you and Dave have fun debating the various stories :lol: I just added some extra humor to your debate :lol:)

All in fun Tom ! :laughing:

I guess there should had been a section showing Dave walking away with the treasure before you got there :laughing:

You can use this free online app to split that animation into individual frames to make it easier to print -

https://ezgif.com/split

.....kinda like having your own comic strip :laughing:

(I realize not "all" treasure stories might be valid :lol: but I'll let you and Dave have fun debating the various stories :lol: I just added some extra humor to your debate :lol:)

One thing I do know is that Tom is our little Treasure! A treasure that keeps on giving! 😂😂😂

YES ! No doubt that's why you did it.

And guess what the point of this point is supposed to be ? Easy : That we should therefore not doubt the treasure-legends that bandy-about on our forums . Right ?

If you can agree that this is the expected syllogism, then again I ask you : What is the response you think I'm going to offer ? :roll:

Pretty sure we all knew what your response would be :laughing:, that is why it is so much fun for all of us. It is interesting to watch the court case play out on the civil war treasure . May be it exist , maybe it doesn't no one knows for sure , do i believe every thing the government tell us is true , definably not, national security and all that. Do i believe there are treasures out there waiting to be discovered , sure i do. Do i expect to ever find a great treasure myself not likely. I think the thrill of the hunt is why we all got in the hobby . Next time i go to the Philippines will i be looking for the buried Japanese treasure that you say doesn't exist ,no but there are little Stashes and lost coins and Jewlery all over the 7000 islands and about 400 years of history. and very few metal detectors so why not detect. Always fun to think about lost treasures and hope to see some new ones found in my life time.

.... maybe it doesn't no one knows for sure ,....

"No one knows for sure" ?? ^^ :?: I know someone who knows : ME ! I know for sure.

I can guarantee you that you will never see the Dents Run treasure, or Yamashita treasure on any "found" news. Guaranteed. Thus, yes, "I know" :roll:

But mark my words : To the faithful, the lack of ever seeing it doesn't mean that it's not *most certainly* there. It only meant :

A) It's still there waiting to-be-found, or....

B) Was found already, but the finders are too shy to show it off. Or...

C) Was found by the government, but there's a giant conspiracy to hide the discovery.

While I can not *prove* any of the above 3 oft-repeated alibis. Yet the burden-of-proof is not on the skeptic. Instead, the burden-of-proof is on the claimant.

I CAN guarantee you (ie.: "I know") that you will never be seeing any show & tell of these 2 legends. I would LOVE for someone to prove me wrong. But it won't happen.

"No one knows for sure" ?? ^^ :?: I know someone who knows : ME ! I know for sure.

I can guarantee you that you will never see the Dents Run treasure, or Yamashita treasure on any "found" news. Guaranteed. Thus, yes, "I know" :roll:

But mark my words : To the faithful, the lack of ever seeing it doesn't mean that it's not *most certainly* there. It only meant :

A) It's still there waiting to-be-found, or....

B) Was found already, but the finders are too shy to show it off. Or...

C) Was found by the government, but there's a giant conspiracy to hide the discovery.

While I can not *prove* any of the above 3 oft-repeated alibis. Yet the burden-of-proof is not on the skeptic. Instead, the burden-of-proof is on the claimant.

I CAN guarantee you (ie.: "I know") that you will never be seeing any show & tell of these 2 legends. I would LOVE for someone to prove me wrong. But it won't happen.

Could it "possibly" be that Tom himself "might" be a treasure finder too shy to show off what he found ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
AjMihLj.gif

(just joking Tom, but you have to admit it is a funny "possibility" :lol:)

Could it "possibly" be that Tom himself "might" be a treasure finder too shy to show off what he found ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
AjMihLj.gif

(just joking Tom, but you have to admit it is a funny "possibility" :lol:)

Too funny GKL!! You get the "Best Post" prize this week! :lol::laughing:

Too funny GKL!! You get the "Best Post" prize this week! :lol::laughing:

Thanks, glad you got a good laugh out of it !

....just saw that animation this morning and realized it would be perfect to edit and use to answer Tom's post in this thread :laughing:

......just wait till Tom sees it ! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom