Do you EDC a knife while metal detecting?

I use a Gerber Air Ranger as my EDC blade. It's kind of small so I also carry a push dagger on my digging pouch. Unfortunately we have homeless people, gangsters and heroin junkies everywhere out here and confrontations do happen. A cop once asked me why I felt the need to carry the dagger. I replied that it was a specialty digging tool. He asked for what? I told him you never know hen you'll need to dig out an eyeball from an assailant. He laughed and told me to be careful out there. :grin:

Attachments

• Air-Ranger-Serrated_fulljpg.jpg
    Air-Ranger-Serrated_fulljpg.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 174
  • united-cutlery-honshu-push-dagger-uc2868-5882.jpg
    united-cutlery-honshu-push-dagger-uc2868-5882.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 189
I use a Gerber Air Ranger as my EDC blade. It's kind of small so I also carry a push dagger on my digging pouch. Unfortunately we have homeless people, gangsters and heroin junkies everywhere out here and confrontations do happen. A cop once asked me why I felt the need to carry the dagger. I replied that it was a specialty digging tool. He asked for what? I told him you never know hen you'll need to dig out an eyeball from an assailant. He laughed and told me to be careful out there. :grin:

I have honshu shuriken and cold steel.

4YvRovB.jpg

I do have to add, be careful not to lose your EDC knife while detecting. Had a SOG Flash II for over a decade and somehow lost it in thick brush while detecting this spring. Hopefully some lucky detectorist will find it in the future, I sure tried. It was a great blade! :(

Attachments

• SOG_FSA98-CP_Large.jpg
    SOG_FSA98-CP_Large.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 191
When I beach detect I carry a filet knife with about a 8 inch thin blade. It's lightweight, sharp and with the extra reach I have been able to free some sea birds such as gulls and pelicans entangled in fishing line.

When I beach detect I carry a filet knife with about a 8 inch thin blade. It's lightweight, sharp and with the extra reach I have been able to free some sea birds such as gulls and pelicans entangled in fishing line.

That’s an awesome thing to do!! May I make a suggestion on a blunt tip knife so you don’t accidentally cut the trapped bird.

I have carried a buck Muskrat model 313 for over 50 years. I have gone thru three or four of them. But I would feel naked without one in my pocket

I always and only carry Benchmade automatic knives, when I am hunting. My current favorite is a Barrage, but I alos have an Infidel OTF large, and several others. I never use them for digging, but Benchmade autos are my preferred EDC knives.

I do have to add, be careful not to lose your EDC knife while detecting. Had a SOG Flash II for over a decade and somehow lost it in thick brush while detecting this spring. Hopefully some lucky detectorist will find it in the future, I sure tried. It was a great blade! :(

Hear, hear! I EDCed a Leatherman for years, and lost it last year at a local high school. I need to go back there an see if I can find it. Since then, I EDC my HK Benchmade folder (that I found metal detecting!). AWESOME blade, but I miss my Leatherman...

I use this pocket knife I found a few years back at the beach. I haven't used it for self defence and I hope I won't have it. For now I mainly use it to cut up an apple or open a tuna can etc :lol: But I carry it with me pretty much everywhere I go.

Attachments

• IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 126
A nice Christmas gift given to me by my niece and her husband a few years back .Very handy !:yes:
I don't plan on digging plugs or sticking people with it.:no:

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 134
I’m a pocket knife junkie. I have a knife for every occasion. This is the knife that resides in my metal detecting belt. I use it for cutting plugs or roots or self defense if needed.

Spyderco tenacious

Carried a Tenacious in a black blade with black G10 for about 4 years before going to the Para-Military 2. Can't beat those things for the money!

I'm really trying to love this little friction folder from Fox, but it's too bulky in the leather case...:no:

Attachments

• fox closed.jpg
    fox closed.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 138
  • fox open.jpg
    fox open.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 133
My everyday work carry is a para military 2 digi camo. When I’m not working I change it up with any one of the other 20 spyderco I own I like to get fancy on weekends :)

Beauty of a Knife and one heck of a slab of silver! I carry a custom MudPupMachete, its always with me...in case of zombies...or whatnot...

I take Brazilian Tramontina blades, spring steel, drill off the factory grip, and affix a long Native Ash handle...

I can vouch for Muds machetes, I've bought 3. I have one as well as my brother and cousin. True quality craftsmanship and durable tool that should hold up to years of use.

I've always wanted a spyderco. I used to have two ladybugs bud had to sell them. My dad's favorite knife ever was the original Delica.

Since I collect knives I usually have two or three on me. Other than a small pocket knife I leave them home while detecting. I keep my Hori-Hori knife sharp and it would do as a weapon if I needed one. I lost a lesche while packing up when it began raining one day. It was at a cricket field and a number of players were nearby. I asked them the next day if anyone had found it and suddenly none of them spoke English. Since then I have probably found a dozen cricket balls in the weeds around the field. I don't think they even look for them. When I get my lesche back, I'll think about giving them the cricket balls.

My edc is a CRKT M16 10KSF, detecting or not. Used to carry an Old Timer in grade school but that would get you thrown into prison these days.

I always and only carry Benchmade automatic knives, when I am hunting. My current favorite is a Barrage, but I alos have an Infidel OTF large, and several others. I never use them for digging, but Benchmade autos are my preferred EDC knives.

Always wanted one of those Benchmade automatics, but, MA general law in regards to knives is written in such a way you can't really know if you are violating the law or not. I do know you can can own automatic knives in MA, you just can't carry them or maybe you can if you have a carry permit - it just isn't clear.

As far as EDC, I have a S&W tactical pen I like to take with me. It is practical. It can punch out a car window or sign a check. It comes in a nice fashionable black that goes with anything.

In the movies you often see somebody whip out a knife and rapidly with one hand open it. Most often those are Spyderco knives and I have a good sized collection of them. They are made to be opened with your thumb, they are lightweight, strong and amazingly sharp.

This is the one I carry. It’s 7 inches long (closed) and if I ever have to defend myself, it’s the one I want in my hand!

It’s also quite effective in making sandwiches too !

I also use a Lesche Sampson digger and carry the smaller Lesche as well. Occasionally I have them professionally sharpened. Just in case.

Attachments

• CD93D0FA-7E7C-4591-9EB0-03374ABE4CED.jpg
    CD93D0FA-7E7C-4591-9EB0-03374ABE4CED.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 70
  • D5C2B0B9-3C9A-47BC-ACC8-A3F4BD36B48E.jpg
    D5C2B0B9-3C9A-47BC-ACC8-A3F4BD36B48E.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 74
In the movies you often see somebody whip out a knife and rapidly with one hand open it. Most often those are Spyderco knives and I have a good sized collection of them. They are made to be opened with your thumb, they are lightweight, strong and amazingly sharp.

This is the one I carry. It’s 7 inches long (closed) and if I ever have to defend myself, it’s the one I want in my hand!

It’s also quite effective in making sandwiches too !

I also use a Lesche Sampson digger and carry the smaller Lesche as well. Occasionally I have them professionally sharpened. Just in case.

is that a catcherman?

Back
Top Bottom