• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Video: Test and review of 6 inch coil on Equinox with live digs!

detectorben

Elite Member
Put together a little field test and review of the 6 inch coil in action with live digs. Found some good stuff with this coil and it is a dream to swing! It probably won't come off my machine unless I am looking for really deep coins or need to cover a large area.

https://youtu.be/kye7FIas8ek

Nice video, your soul looks like heaven compared to this !!!! I dig in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Haha yeah it has rained a lot lately but it is not too bad here. We do have some area that is hard packed clay but not in most parks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice video, thanks! I couldn't help but notice that when ever he detected a target, the spot he dug into looked to have been 'browned' out, clearly distinct from the grass around the target hole.. Could it be? (Oak Island Pun) Coins stain the grass above it, meaning you needn't have to use a metal detector but just look for the stain spots? It is possible? ;)

Seeing how the 4" Sniper coil really made my Ace250 perform better, I'm seriously looking at these 6" coils to see if it's the same story with the Nox 600.

Cheers

I liked the video. I liked the detector. I liked the coil. I did not like the Lesche. I dig better holes with a Sampson. I know you said parks, but I just hate watching a Lesche. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome video !! I really want to get 6” coil and a new shaft for my nox. Love my 600 so much!! Thanks again for taking time to make a video!!

Nice video, thanks! I couldn't help but notice that when ever he detected a target, the spot he dug into looked to have been 'browned' out, clearly distinct from the grass around the target hole.. Could it be? (Oak Island Pun) Coins stain the grass above it, meaning you needn't have to use a metal detector but just look for the stain spots? It is possible? ;)

Seeing how the 4" Sniper coil really made my Ace250 perform better, I'm seriously looking at these 6" coils to see if it's the same story with the Nox 600.

Cheers
I didnt notice any brown spots I would have to watch it again. If you are suggesting the coins were planted that is pretty funny. My digs would be much more impressive and silver much more plenty if I was able to choose my targets lol. I must have dug a few hundred targets to get the 2 silvers in the video.

I liked the video. I liked the detector. I liked the coil. I did not like the Lesche. I dig better holes with a Sampson. I know you said parks, but I just hate watching a Lesche. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for watching!

When the ground is this wet and loose there is no digging a nice plug. The soil just falls apart. But where I am hunting it is not a big deal and I leave the area looking nice when I am done. I was hunting right in front of the maintenance building on a few targets and they couldn't even tell where I had dug. Also when the soil is this wet the grass doesnt even brown it heals right up in a couple of days. I am very adamant about leaving no trace when I hunt in public parks. I have seen the mess some detectorists leave and it makes me sick. I have been digging these same parks for years with no complaints from the park staff or members of the public.

I didnt notice any brown spots I would have to watch it again. If you are suggesting the coins were planted that is pretty funny. My digs would be much more impressive and silver much more plenty if I was able to choose my targets lol. I must have dug a few hundred targets to get the 2 silvers in the video.

No, wasn't suggesting a plant, just that I noticed the vegetation being different where he was digging, like the coins were staining the roots etc.. Have a look again.. if it was truly like that, you wouldn't need a metal detector, just look for brown spots in the grass.. the browner it is, the more gold the target should be ;)

Nice hunt!

I did notice the difference in the grass but just assumed it was from pinpointing moving the coil over the spot up & down and left & right that exposed the underlying brown layer.

No, wasn't suggesting a plant, just that I noticed the vegetation being different where he was digging, like the coins were staining the roots etc.. Have a look again.. if it was truly like that, you wouldn't need a metal detector, just look for brown spots in the grass.. the browner it is, the more gold the target should be ;)
Oh gotcha. Wouldn't that be nice! Although that would take a lot of the suspense out of the hobby lol.

Nice hunt!

I did notice the difference in the grass but just assumed it was from pinpointing moving the coil over the spot up & down and left & right that exposed the underlying brown layer.
Thanks!

That could be. The grass was pretty thick in most areas due to all the rain recently.

Back
Top Bottom