• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

It was a Cladfull Day

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
With the colder weather coming, I figured I better get out today to crank up my Year End clad count. I went back to a school that I been to a few times before. In fact this is the same location that I had previous set my record on quarters found in one day at 113.

Today, I was not too far behind with 98 quarters found. In total, I probably have found 400+ quarters at this school alone. Timing is everything when best to hunt this school...

Anyway, I found like $28.00 in clad and a nice silver religious metal.

By all counts, even though I have not tallied up my finds for this year, I know it will be a very good year. Hopefully, I will get some hunting in tomorrow as to add this year's grand total as to post and add onto Friendly's Clad Count totals.

Attachments

• Coins 12082018 001.jpg
    Coins 12082018 001.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 415
  • Coins 12082018 002.jpg
    Coins 12082018 002.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 349
  • Coins 12082018 003.jpg
    Coins 12082018 003.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Congrats on another good clad hunt and also the silver too. I had the same experience this year at two sites like yours. Sadly, the goodies do not replenish quickly here. Hope your sites do. GL & HH.

Cladtastic Haul! And very appropriate to find a St Nick silver medallion in December! You have been a good boy this year!:beers:

Fantastic job JAK on a great clad count. Always nice to add some Sterling along the way of the adventure. Hope the return trip is just as productive. Trapper

Thank you!

Nice job on the clad and the sterling!

Thanks WyoTom! Whenever I hit $25+ in clad is always a good day. But silver metal was a nice treat.

Really like that sterling and that’s a huge clad take, congrats!

Thanks GroundSweeper! If I not finding silver coins, those silver metals will do the trick for me.

That Sterling is a sweet way to top off a great clad hunt, Congrats on the haul!

Thanks Ron 71! What was nice about the sterling, it was the larger size with good weight to it too.

Congrats on the silver!

Thanks Hi HO Silver! Silver is always appreicated, but I am about do for some gold.

Congrats on another good clad hunt and also the silver too. I had the same experience this year at two sites like yours. Sadly, the goodies do not replenish quickly here. Hope your sites do. GL & HH.

Thanks bubbaron! Most of my silver and clad are coming in mostly 3"+. I more of less been hitting old locations that I thought were dried up. I had a good year last, but I know this year will be even better.

Congrats on the sterling and monster clad haul...that was a lot of digging!

Thanks Captain Silver! The ground conditions were just right, not too hard or frozen however very damp and easy to dig too. Those targets were singing everywhere.

Cladtastic Haul! And very appropriate to find a St Nick silver medallion in December! You have been a good boy this year!:beers:

Thanks Mud-puppy! Good catch with the St. Nick theme! I went to another school today. Although, I have not checked my finds yet, but it looks like another good day with possibly another good surprise mixed in with it...at least I am hoping. I know like you, we find much of our clad in the odd-ball places that most just don't bother to search.

Fantastic job JAK on a great clad count. Always nice to add some Sterling along the way of the adventure. Hope the return trip is just as productive. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! I been finding silver coins on and off too. But I usually don't write them up if it just like one conman coin. These good clad hauls are always welcomed and fun digging. Fortunately, I was able to substitute a silver coin with a silver metal this time.

Cladtasticful! Great job, lots of getting up and down. Makes my back hurt just thinking about it.

Thanks pacer! You said that right, but actually, I find it best to squat, dig and retrieve. What tires me out, is when I don't find anything.

Dang!! that is a good day. Congrats on the clad and the silver.

Thanks mdtrapper! I been lucky for sure this year. And most of the finds were from repeat locations too. What a difference a new detector makes!

HOLY MOLEY ! Thats some serious ching. Probably need it for Advil for your back.lol The St. Nick is just in time for Christmas. Great hunt and congrats. HH Mark

Thank you!

HOLY MOLEY ! Thats some serious ching. Probably need it for Advil for your back.lol The St. Nick is just in time for Christmas. Great hunt and congrats. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! As long as I keep finding and digging, I find that is the best pain killer. It seems St. Nick was meant to be found. Now I am complete just in time for Christmas!

EXCELLENT clad haul and a nice piece of sterling to go with it.

Thanks diggin4clad! It almost seems at times clad is becoming just as scarce as silver. I only wish I had more days like this.

Nice haul! Congrats on the silver!

Thanks pinheadken! I am glad there are still places that are still semi-virgin for the pickings.

Back
Top Bottom