Rallying Georgians!

bukhtr1

Thought I would get a strictly Georgia one going! Anyone getting out in the heat? Whereabouts do you hail/hunt? Anyone needing a partner? I am near Acworth.

Warner Robins /Macon

i hunt anywhere anytime except salt, because i dont have a true salt machine and live inland so far. the SimplEx supposed to be ok. but due to this crappy pandemic and work, surgeries etc... hunts have been local parks and demo lots.
short and whatever. versatile.

Stratone is a local-- we were supposed to get together but 4 surgeries between wife and I put a dent in that. lengthy recoveries. cancer and hernia for me- hip repair then replace total for her. toss in elderly were are responsible for it gets tough. a lunch hunt for clad keeps me sane.

my local short hunt disabled partner, elbie, passed away sadly Memorial day from a heart attack. i really miss my partner. short hunts were a lot of fun.

I am 59 - get out every chance I can! Love to metal detect and mostly relic hunt. It has been a dream of mine and I finally am where I can do it!

Hello From MArietta GA

I am 59 - get out every chance I can! Love to metal detect and mostly relic hunt. It has been a dream of mine and I finally am where I can do it!

Hello: I am a newbie. But an avid history lover. Picked up a minelab pro 35 pointer. Will be getting the nox 800 next.

I will be ready to go out hunting next week. This week is hectic and I am going to order my detector this Saturday.

My name is Dennis Venezia. I am a General Contractor. So sometimes I have access to places to be constructed or renovated. Call me at 404-838-6007. My email is [email protected].

Hi from Grovetown

Always looking to get out around Augusta and the surrounding area. I have 2 Nox 800's and get out whenever I can.

i hunt anywhere anytime except salt, because i dont have a true salt machine and live inland so far. the SimplEx supposed to be ok. but due to this crappy pandemic and work, surgeries etc... hunts have been local parks and demo lots.
short and whatever. versatile.

Stratone is a local-- we were supposed to get together but 4 surgeries between wife and I put a dent in that. lengthy recoveries. cancer and hernia for me- hip repair then replace total for her. toss in elderly were are responsible for it gets tough. a lunch hunt for clad keeps me sane.

my local short hunt disabled partner, elbie, passed away sadly Memorial day from a heart attack. i really miss my partner. short hunts were a lot of fun.

Good hearing from you again Dixie. Hopefully we can get together sometime or another.

Looking forward to meeting rest of the Georgia crew.

Georgia detectorist here!!

So happy to be on this forum!! I started metal detecting 25+ years ago and am now getting back into the hobby. I reside west of Atlanta (Haralson County) and work in Marietta. I'm originally from Smyrna and am very familiar with that area. Looking for a detecting buddy in either area!!
Thank you,
Tim

I'm in the Canton area. Just starting out...my first machine arrived yesterday. Can't wait to get out there this weekend.

Always looking to get out around Augusta and the surrounding area. I have 2 Nox 800's and get out whenever I can.

The Lewiston road area across from Walmart used to have an old gas station that had been closed fro years. It was one of my favorite spots to hunt. The park on Wrightsboro rd also produced plenty.

The Lewiston road area across from Walmart used to have an old gas station that had been closed fro years. It was one of my favorite spots to hunt. The park on Wrightsboro rd also produced plenty.

I have been hitting a lot of old school grounds in the area. Still some silver in the ground around here. Found three coins yesterday, a '42 and '43 quarter, a '54 rosie, also pulled a sterling St. Christoper charm.

digITdude here,I'm in SOUTH CAROLINA, SPARTANBURG COUNTY to be exact. I'm laid off right now and love to detect. I'VE been doing it a while now.I LOVE METAL DETECTING, IT'S MY PASSION. I'M GOING TO TRY TO MAKE THIS MY CAREER. I'D LOVE TO COME DETECTING DOWN THERE BUT I JUST DON'T KNOW ANYONE DOWN THERE. SOME OF THE BEST FINDS I'VE EVER SEEN COMES FROM DOWN THERE. PLEASE CALL,MESSAGE, OR TEXT ME AND I'LL GET RIGHT DOWN THERE, THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, digITdude out

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Winder Ga and have been detecting for 10 years now. I get out when I am not in much pain. I will hunt for anything on land or in water.

I’m in Newnan Ga… totally new to the hobby, anyone planning anything I’d love to tag along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

South Macon here. New to the hobby but I just picked up an Equinox 800. I’ve got 60 acres in Taylor county on a creek that I think might be a decent spot. I would love to go with some experienced guys that can show me the ropes.

Oconee County

I’m in south Oconee, 5 miles from Greene county line. Would like to find someone who has any areas to detect nearby. I’ve hit a couple small areas close with a few interesting finds. Mostly old farming equipment.

Back
Top Bottom