• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Prepping Equinox for salt water

My Nox 800 was good first yr but at 23 months old, my detector drowned. Minelab replaced pod in a week! Bad part is that I forgot to write down all my settings and now going nuts trying to recapture the old ones. Oh well, at least i got a new pod. Now waiting for Steve's carbon fiber shaft to arrive...That surf isn't kind to the 800's flimsy shaft either (and I use the 15" coil most the time in water).
Happy Hunting

2020 Gold - 22
Silver - 33

2021 Gold - 2, inc 6oz 14k necklace
Silver pieces - 15

Equinox 600 submerged

I bought an equinox600 after 1 year using it in saltwater it finally leaked water , called minelab they gave me an address where to send it and they replaced the unit for free , then that unit leaked 2 months latter and they replaced it again for free , so while it’s under warranty submerg it and find out if it’s water proof .

Good luck

No reason to submerge mine, 3 years running strong, 2 Excaliburs & DF for that , a few had some problems over the years , under warranty ML takes care of it , however I won't take mine under , no need , different tools for this hobby , come in handy .

wow a cheap $800 machine why worry
as many of you got a FREE stim check from the goverment
your machine was free with there check so sad!
why buy a detector named after a car
i never got my check also i don't swing a cheap machine..
to many monkeys not enought fruit

Vegas Player

CTX3030 benched , hunt with the Equinox & 15 coil , why spend any more if it gets the job done ! Excalibur's water , i found its a good machine ! regards , Earl :realitycheck::pirates:

Back
Top Bottom