My dog day.

markkjones

They say every dog has his (or her day).

The dive started like any other shallow water dive in Monterey Bay. Fishing weight after fishing weight after brass cartridge blah blah blah. Towards the end of the dive with one sweep of the hand...

It took me 3 years but I finally got a gold coin.

Attachments

• 1910EagleObvverse.jpg
    1910EagleObvverse.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 553
  • 1910EagleReverse.jpg
    1910EagleReverse.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 548
Holy cr#p, a gold coin here ? Not even any storm erosion on our beaches? You have achieved the "holy grail" hole-in-one that every md'r wants: A gold coin. Congratz dude !

Never seen a gold coin from water posted on this forum... Awesome! Around 1910 losing that coin was like losing $300 today. Pretty ridiculous

Getting what Tom , Kob, & Compass can't get :jawdrop::lookclose::thumbsup:

Not to steal the thunder of this guy's EPIC gold find Surfmaster.... but most hardcore hunters on the Westcoast have ALL found a gold coin.....🏴!☠️

Three years for what most don't find in a lifetime on land, sand or in water that is a super achievement! A great payoff for your hard work and dedication. Congratulations Sir!

Kob

{ Not to steal the thunder of this guy's EPIC gold find Surfmaster.... but most hardcore hunters on the Westcoast have ALL found a gold coin.....🏴!☠️ } He did well finding a gold coin diving , why don't you man up & put a dive suit on , your gold coin find wasn't from diving , simply saying he will find what you guy's won't find , unless it comes in with the tides , glad to see a diver on West coast , I guess he likes great whites too :D , PS I never did man up to diving :laughing:

{ Not to steal the thunder of this guy's EPIC gold find Surfmaster.... but most hardcore hunters on the Westcoast have ALL found a gold coin.....🏴!☠️ } He did well finding a gold coin diving , why don't you man up & put a dive suit on , your gold coin find wasn't from diving , simply saying he will find what you guy's won't find , unless it comes in with the tides , glad to see a diver on West coast , I guess he likes great whites too :D , PS I never did man up to diving :laughing:
Hahaha ! So true. Guess I never manned up and put Scuba gear on either. And at this stage , don't want nor need to. Spent many a years in my youth freediving and spearfishing. Until one of my friends drowned doing just that , so I never did that again. Just surfed. I can't think of anyone I know here who dives while detecting. So it is a well accomplished feat.

They say every dog has his (or her day).

The dive started like any other shallow water dive in Monterey Bay. Fishing weight after fishing weight after brass cartridge blah blah blah. Towards the end of the dive with one sweep of the hand...

It took me 3 years but I finally got a gold coin.

WOW! That is an unbelievable find for the Monterey Bay! That coin is in unremarkable condition. TRULY UNBELIEVABLE!

Not to steal the thunder of this guy's EPIC gold find Surfmaster.... but most hardcore hunters on the Westcoast have ALL found a gold coin.....🏴!☠️

REALLY? How do you know this?

Back
Top Bottom