Capped dime

bigfreeze44

Figured this would be worth posting. My first dime of this variety and second capped overall.. on another note why are my pictures flipping?:?::?::?::?:

Attachments

• D5F9EA8B-8366-4998-A20F-BC132A382B19.jpeg
    D5F9EA8B-8366-4998-A20F-BC132A382B19.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 998
  • 6795F356-19C4-4A69-9125-BEBB5B57A333.jpeg
    6795F356-19C4-4A69-9125-BEBB5B57A333.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 598
Last edited by a moderator:
A capped anything is extremely tough to find nowadays. I have one capped bust silver in over a decade, it was also a dime. Congrats on your second!

Figured this would be worth posting. My first dime of this variety and second capped overall.. on another note why are my pictures flipping?:?::?::?::?:

Nice find! Never found a capped bust dime myself.

As for rotating photos, I imagine you are taking them on a phone. There may be a setting in your phone to fix this, but I believe what is happening is whatever you are using is setting the meta data of the picture file to note the "correct" orientation, and the forum software isn't handling it right. Try rotating your phone 90 degrees and see if the problem goes away, or there may be an option to change the orientation.

I don't totally understand the problem, but I have had it, and I load the pic into a photo editing program like PhotoShop, and sometimes they come in rotated. I rotate them myself and paste them as a new photo and save, and it all works out. Seems like alot of work, but it isn't once you get good at it, as it is no work for me, as I edit all my photos for my blog anyway.

HTH

Dang nice save ! Congrats on the capped bust dime. And the fact its in such good shape is a real bonus. Well done.
As far as rotated pics go, that started happening to me a year or so ago after my HP laptop w/ Windows 10 went through a bunch of updates. I hadn't changed any settings in my phone so I assumed the update was the cause. Now I have to open the pic with Paint, save as a BMP file. Then open the Bmp file with paint,save that as a JPEG file and rename it. Major pain in the ass but it works. Good luck. Mark

Thanks everyone of the replies. Posting pictures on this site can be difficult and is one of the reasons I don’t post more.

Nice old dime! Afa sideways photos, I was having that problem also, until I started holding my phone sideways like Randy mentioned.

Nice save!

It took me almost 50 years of detecting to find my only capped here in southwest Kansas. It's an 1835 half dime, my Avatar, found at a fort along the Santa Fe Trail. It is the only capped I've heard of that has been found in our area.

...found at a fort along the Santa Fe Trail. It is the only capped I've heard of that has been found in our area.

And I'll bet that the history provenance, and scarcity among md'rs in your locale, make it all-the-more-special :cool3:

Totally worth posting. I have many seated found......but only one capped which was a half dime. Congrats on a hard to find silver!

Back
Top Bottom