• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Bluetooth 5.0

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Looking for others opinions on Bluetooth 5.0, I just purchased a new transmitter and headphones that utilizes it. Experiences and opinions welcomed! Thank you!

So I just received my taotronics 5.0 transmitter and wireless 5.0 ear buds and initial testing looks good đź‘Ť will put it to the test at the ocean tomorrow, will update with links to the products and observations soon!

So I just received my taotronics 5.0 transmitter and wireless 5.0 ear buds and initial testing looks good đź‘Ť will put it to the test at the ocean tomorrow, will update with links to the products and observations soon!

What earbuds did you get? I have a Taotronics transmitter but am having a hard time finding the right headphones.

What earbuds did you get? I have a Taotronics transmitter but am having a hard time finding the right headphones.

Hey sorry I forgot to update this thread, life gpt pretty busy. Here's the headphones I purchased https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/113609740895
They are awesome headphones! The set up works excellent on my garrett AT gold, but I have not figured out a way to get my minelab explorer SE to work with it. It does work with the explorer, but the volume is so low, you cant even hear it. But ibuse the headphones at work, at home, anywhere! Very happy with the headphones, highly recommend them.

Hey sorry I forgot to update this thread, life gpt pretty busy. Here's the headphones I purchased https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/113609740895
They are awesome headphones! The set up works excellent on my garrett AT gold, but I have not figured out a way to get my minelab explorer SE to work with it. It does work with the explorer, but the volume is so low, you cant even hear it. But ibuse the headphones at work, at home, anywhere! Very happy with the headphones, highly recommend them.

So am I to understand the transmitter and ear buds are purchased separately?

So am I to understand the transmitter and ear buds are purchased separately?

Correct I purchased both seperately. Total cost for both the taotronics 5.0 bluetooth Transmitter/receiver and the headphones in the link above was around 55-60$! If I can get it to work on my minelab, I will be VERY happy. I notice zero lag/delay. I imagine they may not last long, being so inexpensive. I guess only time will tell. Good luck out there!

Correct I purchased both seperately. Total cost for both the taotronics 5.0 bluetooth Transmitter/receiver and the headphones in the link above was around 55-60$! If I can get it to work on my minelab, I will be VERY happy. I notice zero lag/delay. I imagine they may not last long, being so inexpensive. I guess only time will tell. Good luck out there!

Keep me posted, I use the wireless module on the ctx, dont mind being wired to it the module just that the killer bees tend to hurt my fat head after about 5 hours or more. Plus they get hot as summer approaches.

Thanks.
Do you use the ear hooks? Or do they stay in the ear good without them? I wonder why a lot of these don’t mention if they are low latency.

I have some mpow flame earbuds that I tried out today on my AT Pro with a taotronics transmitter. The sound wasn’t very good. Dimes and nickels sounded the same.

Looking for others opinions on Bluetooth 5.0, I just purchased a new transmitter and headphones that utilizes it. Experiences and opinions welcomed! Thank you!

Hi, I recently purchased and tried out a pair of "SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones Magnetic Wireless Earbuds IPX6 in-Ear Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earphones Upgraded Q12 Plus (9 Hours Playtime, APTX-LL, C" to go along with my NOX 600. Though listed as 'headphones' they are actually winged earbuds.

I previous had a pair of 4.3 bluetooh low latency headphones so I have something to compare it to. I don't know if it's the 5.0 or other technology behind the SoundPeats that make them so much better than the headphones but the previous headphones seem to lag a slight touch when passing the coil over a surface target.. I could see when the coil passed over it and when it would sound off..There was also an erratic static noise when hitting multiple targets in the hole etc. Going on the Nox speaking itself, I could tell that there was a slight amount of lag even though it's referred to as low latency. I used those headphones when watching TV and do not notice any lag between lips moving and the audio..

But with the SoundPeats, I could tell it's an improvement as the target beep is instantaneous when passing the coil over the target. I tested it with tossing down some coins, nails and bottle caps to see how the chatter was going sound like (very unpleasant on the 4.3 headphones) but on the SoundPeats, wow.. very impressive.

I'm no expert on whether or not 5.0 makes a difference over 4.3 Bluetooth, but I DO know that these earbuds are SO much better sounding than the 4.3 Bluetooth.. Or so my ears tell me enough that I will be enjoying these a lot!

Cheers

Thanks.
Do you use the ear hooks? Or do they stay in the ear good without them? I wonder why a lot of these don’t mention if they are low latency.

If they are a nice expensive pair and your really concerned about losing them, I would use the hooks. I have been using them at work and I do alot of bumping around and havent had one fall out yet. So I havent felt the need to use the hooks. If I was ever hunting in the woods it would probably be wise to just use the hook. I use one at a time. That way I always have at least one charged, and I can always hear what's going on around me. Still very happy with the ear buds. I just wish I could get them to work on my minelab explorer. I have another set of Bluetooth ear buds that have a connecting wire. Might try those with the taotronics transmitter, but I believe they are 4.2. I don't think the earbuds I bought are low latency, but they seem to work pretty well. Might take the route seaking down below took with his ear buds.

Hi, I recently purchased and tried out a pair of "SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones Magnetic Wireless Earbuds IPX6 in-Ear Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earphones Upgraded Q12 Plus (9 Hours Playtime, APTX-LL, C" to go along with my NOX 600. Though listed as 'headphones' they are actually winged earbuds.

I previous had a pair of 4.3 bluetooh low latency headphones so I have something to compare it to. I don't know if it's the 5.0 or other technology behind the SoundPeats that make them so much better than the headphones but the previous headphones seem to lag a slight touch when passing the coil over a surface target.. I could see when the coil passed over it and when it would sound off..There was also an erratic static noise when hitting multiple targets in the hole etc. Going on the Nox speaking itself, I could tell that there was a slight amount of lag even though it's referred to as low latency. I used those headphones when watching TV and do not notice any lag between lips moving and the audio..

But with the SoundPeats, I could tell it's an improvement as the target beep is instantaneous when passing the coil over the target. I tested it with tossing down some coins, nails and bottle caps to see how the chatter was going sound like (very unpleasant on the 4.3 headphones) but on the SoundPeats, wow.. very impressive.

I'm no expert on whether or not 5.0 makes a difference over 4.3 Bluetooth, but I DO know that these earbuds are SO much better sounding than the 4.3 Bluetooth.. Or so my ears tell me enough that I will be enjoying these a lot!

Cheers
Thank you for your input, I like options, so I will take a look at the earbuds you recommended, appreciate your feedback!

I have some mpow flame earbuds that I tried out today on my AT Pro with a taotronics transmitter. The sound wasn’t very good. Dimes and nickels sounded the same.

Now that just ain't right, were the numbers on the machine correct? Do you know what version Bluetooth the mpows are?

cellrdwellr, I'm interested in the earbuds/headphones you make mention of in your post. I checked them out and nothing that I read mentioned anything about them being low latency. If you have issues getting them to pair with your Minelab Explorer, I'm wondering if there will be any issues getting them to pair with my Equinox? Your thoughts on this would be appreciated,

cellrdwellr, I'm interested in the earbuds/headphones you make mention of in your post. I checked them out and nothing that I read mentioned anything about them being low latency. If you have issues getting them to pair with your Minelab Explorer, I'm wondering if there will be any issues getting them to pair with my Equinox? Your thoughts on this would be appreciated,

I do NOT believe the ear buds I purchased are low latency. I did not notice this when I purchased them. They pair with the transmitter just fine with the explorer, but the volume is extremely low, I think a better jack may fix the issue, but havent tried yet. They do work very well, but im about to pull the trigger on the headphones seaking alluded to above. "SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones Magnetic Wireless Earbuds IPX6 in-Ear Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earphones Upgraded Q12 Plus (9 Hours Playtime, APTX-LL, C". I will use the earbuds i already purchased as work phones/back up pair. Seaking mentioned above they work very well with his equinox too.

BT V5.0 transmitter and earbuds

I finally decided on this set-up: Trond BT Duo V5.0 with Aptx-LL($30.48 total) and the Aukey EP-B80 BT V5.0 earbuds with Aptx-LL and over the ear hooks($50.00 total).Won't have them for a few days,but I'm sure they will work as expected.I wanted the earbuds for hot weather and I have a set of over the ear headphones for cool weather.I read somewhere that many people have a problem with plain in the ear earbuds not staying in,so I looked for the hanger type.Sound like a good set-up?

Back
Top Bottom