• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2018 totals

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
2018 was a tough year! Competition in the treasure coast remained about the same but in NE Florida, it increased 20x fold, even when hunting the grave yard shifts. Hunting the water here is hard and ive had to work on managing rip currents and big waves. It certainly isnt as easy as south florida or Cali.

This year i had 22 encounters with jellyfish, 1 stingray, and 2 sharks. Im pretty sure my brown shorts scared away the sharks but the jellies were aweful. Spent several weeks bathing in cortizone and drinking benedryl to cope with the exposures.

Jewelry was nothing to write home about and was already sold in a less than even exchange for fuel to commute back and forth to the beach. Total clad count pictured is $11.78. I cashed in an additional $17 on non winning lotto tickets so that brings me to $28.78 for the year.

Also found dozens of fishing sinkers, 6 cell phones, a purse, wallet, car keys, 2 ray ban glasses, 2 fake reale type coins, and the phone number of a very, very, very drunk lady.

What i do revel in experiencing was the longest meteor shower ive ever seen, two rocket launches at dark, and some amazing sunsets. I dont have a baller ring to show, but heck, i cant complain. I live in florida and have good health.

Cheers to everyone! May your 2019 be prosperous!!!

-David

cce2e46c22ed704853fb0046b211ec1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On top of all the good finds, that looks like $50 in sinkers lol still doing better than me [emoji41]

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Dave

Enjoyed the story, i didn't do much better, with No encounter's but one, i saw for the 1st time a sea horse about 3 inches long, i wish i had taken a picture, i thought they were fiction. it had washed up on the beach, i scooped it up , and returned it to sea, Thank's for sharing , Earl

Good luck in 2019. Have you.checked out a lycra undersuit? Should stop the stingers and still keep cool.. also block the sun burns

David... time to move to CT where jellyfish and the rest of your nasty's are no issue here... neither is beach replenishment... nor eye candy :laughing: it has its bonuses more time paying attention to finding gold :yes:

I was OK with the whole story until you talked about the jellyfish. That hurt me as I was reading it. OUCH!!! I guess you can't see those suckers if you hunt at night either. But you also can't see the amazing things you mentioned - gotta be unbelievable to see a rocket launch at night from where you are!

good health

That is Priceless. Good Luck In 2019, continue the mission.:pirate2:

good health

That is Priceless. Good Luck In 2019, continue the mission.:pirate2:

Yes, you have your priorities in order. I see a lot of nice detecting finds from Florida but I don't think I would cope well with all the hazards and competition. The number of pirates keeps growing here as well but the amount of treasure I find (or don't find) seems more the result of beach conditions rather than how many other hunters are around. :yes: GL&HH!

Its been rough! But hey if one of those raybans was black aviator with prescription lenses in them and was found near the pier I may know who they belong to :)

Its been rough! But hey if one of those raybans was black aviator with prescription lenses in them and was found near the pier I may know who they belong to :)

You've got to be kidding me. Yeah, they are Rx sunglasses! I honestly can't recall where I dug them but I do know it was up here and not on my T-coast trips. When I get home, I'll look to see if I still have them. FWIW, they were buried about 18-20" down. They are salvageable, but not perfect.

You've got to be kidding me. Yeah, they are Rx sunglasses! I honestly can't recall where I dug them but I do know it was up here and not on my T-coast trips. When I get home, I'll look to see if I still have them. FWIW, they were buried about 18-20" down. They are salvageable, but not perfect.

If I recall the guys story correctly they were pretty thick lenses but I'm not positive. I'll send you his phone number by private message. :)

...and the phone number of a very, very, very drunk lady.

-David

:laughing:

Those rocket launches are special. Our engineers understood the product didn't get off the ground without administrative staff. They would come to our office to let us know when a launch was declassified and we would lock things up and go watch with them. You would see it pop up over the horizon and then a minute or two later, the roar of the engines would hit. Awesome to see at night. Great, GREAT memories!

Better luck to you in 2019 David.

R5

Back
Top Bottom