Saw this today in the news, thought it was interesting

Id like to think that the judge will throw this out! Assuming they were telling the truth that they didn't know. Now I will ask....was this maybe a publicity stunt? I'm guessing after the video surfaced they've most likely made a large gain of followers and subscribers so either way $380 in fines is probably worth the 15 minute fame. The guys are probably lucky it wasn't much worse. But then you have to wonder.....will there even be an internal investigation to find out why that stuff was there?? Bet your hind end we wont know the results of the findings if there is.

It's on Federal property and claimed Ignorance is not an excuse. They knew it was wrong.

Steve

It's on Federal property and claimed Ignorance is not an excuse. They knew it was wrong.

Steve

Well yeah, anyone with half a brain knows they shouldn't have been there doing it. I think the more interesting part that the article glosses over is that the base (or some soldiers at the base) is/are apparently dumping ordinance into local streams.

Well yeah, anyone with half a brain knows they shouldn't have been there doing it. I think the more interesting part that the article glosses over is that the base (or some soldiers at the base) is/are apparently dumping ordinance into local streams.

that's a pretty common practice as least in older times. look online for all the stuff that's dumped off shore in the ocean, there's entire reefs of tanks and jeeps. my friends who were navy only 20 years ago said they would dump everything left over off the ship on the way in so ordinance didn't have to off load it. going back even further, my home town had a WW1 biplane training site that became an issue when they found thousands of gallons of buried fuel and oil the mil didn't want to cart off when the site was abandoned.

It may have been common but that doesn't make it a good idea. There's also a pretty significant difference between dumping jeeps in the pacific ocean on the way home from the war vs some soldiers putting modern rockets in a duffel bag and dumping them in a river civilians have access to.

I'd like to think the judge would throw out those tickets also, but our judges have become so political, who knows.

I'd like to think the judge would throw out those tickets also, but our judges have become so political, who knows.

Gonna be honest, I don't see how the political leanings of a judge would have any effect on this case.

Interesting. They got tickets from Fort Stewart MP's, and they're going before a civilian judge? Something doesn't sound right. If it's federal property, shouldn't they be appearing before a federal judge?
I'm with you guys, though. The more important question is, "What is ordinance like this doing in a waterway?"

Roger

Interesting. They got tickets from Fort Stewart MP's, and they're going before a civilian judge? Something doesn't sound right. If it's federal property, shouldn't they be appearing before a federal judge?
I'm with you guys, though. The more important question is, "What is ordinance like this doing in a waterway?"

Roger

Yeah there seems to be a lot that doesn't add up

Roger

Military Police can't fine civilians. They can write a ticket which is just a warning. They could detain and refer it to local law for prosecution. Now they can cause all kinds of problems for soldiers under UCMJ when the ticket is sent to their Commander.

Steve

I looked the rockets up and they,re subcaliber training rockets for the M73 rocket launcher.So you don,t have to fire a real M73 every time.Best I could deduce they don,t have any explosives in the warhead. The small arms ammo is basically no different than the ammo you shoot in your deer rifle.Any former soldier or Marine knows that all the ammo issued doesn,t always get fired on the range.You can,t turn it back in.It has to be disposed of some how and what better way than to submerge it? Not quite cricket but it happens.My question is how did these folks gain access to a military base like that? As far as I know,these days you have to have a really good reason to be on a base if you,re non military.

Actually, there are more than a few bases in the U.S., where a public roadway does pass through them.

Roger

Roger

Quoted from the article;

"The trio’s federal court date is Sept. 9, 2022."

I would say they will be appearing before a federal judge.

Here's where the story goes south for me. Is when the magnet fishers : "...called the bomb squad...."

This would be no different than if you were md'ing, and found a rare gold coin. And began to call purist archies saying: "Yoohoo ! Look what I found. Aren't you proud of me ? !" :roll:

Doing anything on a military post without permission is not a good idea and you best get written permission in triplicate if you did get permission.

I think these guy knew they were doing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom