yea, another carrot question.

Gms318

Hey yall, I bought this carrot new last year from a Garrett dealer in Kansas City.

Clevenger Metal Detector Sales. Mr Clevenger has been in the bussness for ever and has a ultra top rep. Great guy to do bussness with.

Well due to life, I have only been able to use this carrot 3 times, never in water
or mud. This last time I turned it on and it just beeps and vibrates and led flashes all continoues, cannot turn off with button. tried new battries two diff brands. That didn't help, so am I doing something wrong or is this pointer a bad one?

Last edited:
yes!

Thank you Cliff for a question. Yes I have a new Duracell and a new rayovac. This didn't make a diff. I am stumped on this!

To turn it off, you have to hold the button down for a while, not just click it. Also, it often falses in sensitivity mode 3. Get it into mode 1 or 2 and still see if it falses. The manual describes how to change modes.

Thank You Randy, yes I know about the diff settings. I have tried as you suggested and still no luck. I am getting ready to try another set of new battries. Folks seem to think that may help. I have tried Duracell and a new Eveready. I will buy some others to try and post the out come.

Its not the batteries. All brands are pretty much the same. From a physics standpoint, it is just a voltage potential across 2 terminals, and its the same for all brands.

I would call Garrett. They have excellent customer service in my experience.

ok yall went to store and bought 2 diff brands of 9-volt. gold star and Duracell.

My carrot worked like new with each one. I wonder if the at is just a bit crankey about
battery power.

ok yall went to store and bought 2 diff brands of 9-volt. gold star and Duracell.

My carrot worked like new with each one. I wonder if the at is just a bit crankey about

battery power.
Or the batteries you had before were old and weak. It does happen.

Cliff

Hey yall, I have been thinking about all of the thoughts you have had about my carrot.

Randy, I think that you and everyone are correct. So I have decided to send it back to garrett. I feel that this pointer should not be such a pain. Thank you all for your help.

Its not the batteries. All brands are pretty much the same. From a physics standpoint, it is just a voltage potential across 2 terminals, and its the same for all brands.

I would call Garrett. They have excellent customer service in my experience.

This is partially true, some brand batteries do work better than others with the carrot. The ever ready (never ready) batteries seem to give most carrot users issues, and I've had issues with them in the past too. It's not only ever ready either, there have been reports of other brands not working in the carrot as well. It sounds like this is more than a battery issue though. I agree, Garrett's customer service is top notch and some of the best in the game IMO. They will hook you up, good luck out there!

I put a quarter under the cap on the battery compartment to make sure that I have good contact between the battery and the terminals in the pointer. Different batteries might have a very slight difference in length causing poor contact.

The rubber spacer in the cap sometimes gets lost or compressed and the contact is bad. (Quarter in cap is a solution as posted) You can also clean the terminals inside using Deoxit or some other electronic cleaner to make sure that you don't have high resistance at the terminals.

I cleaned my terminals and also made a new and better foam spacer for mine.

Back
Top Bottom