Is it possible to add a volume control to Garrett Ace 300?

grubber

So far the only drawback to my new to me ace 300 is the volume control.
Can I hack it to have a control?

My AT pro is loud too, as far as I've seen there's no control. I leave my headphones connected all the time, but if I don't feel like wearing them I'll loop them on the handle and turn their volume up. It's loud enough at that point to hear everything going on for me.

piece of tape over the speaker.

I did that with my old Bounty Hunter before I had headphones, folded up some paper towel and electrical taped it over the speaker really tight. Toned it down some but without out it, it sounded like someone hitting thier horn.

So far the only drawback to my new to me ace 300 is the volume control.
Can I hack it to have a control?

if you're using it without headphones, then the tape over the speaker works great!
if you're using it with phones, i'd say to either go with a pair with a built in volume control or use an in-line volume control. :yes:

Pete

I believe but I DON'T KNOW for certain that you can splice a potometer or a 15-30 ohm resister in one of the wires going to the speaker. I plan on trying this on an old detector of mine. If so it would be an easy and useful mod.

I believe but I DON'T KNOW for certain that you can splice a potometer or a 15-30 ohm resister in one of the wires going to the speaker. I plan on trying this on an old detector of mine. If so it would be an easy and useful mod.

Do we know the power rating for that speaker?

Back
Top Bottom