• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Asked to find keys in a proverbial trash pile.

Muskrat

So I was hitting a beach for a short hunt after work today and the ranger came over and asked me if I could find a paragliders keys that he lost in the launch area.

Small area, sounds easy. Unfortunately the hill, like many in my area has UNGODLY amounts of small can slaw and old beaver tail pull tabs. I'm talking way more than people could drink. It's crazy. Anyway I was getting targets every 4 inches or so on my nox 600 which I just purchased last week so I'm not a wizard on this machine by any means...yet:)

Are there any settings that will help? Is it hopeless without digging 5 million aluminum bits?

Edit: I did try rejecting anything below 14 but still plenty of trash and idk if it's a key fob or what that would ring up as so idk if I would miss it anyway doing that.

Turn your sensitivity down, your only looking for a surface find, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Hitting it again tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Not used to having to use sensitivity adjustment, lol. Haven't played with it yet.

Wow. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Hitting it again tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Not used to having to use sensitivity adjustment, lol. Haven't played with it yet.

Have you found it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slaw

Yep great point. I had it up and you can tell just how fast this thing recovers. Slaw mower field in ground and you swing the thing and it sounds like a machine gun. Hits every target. Just got it and had to go in the dark (had to go). Thanks for the input. But man what a back light on this thing compared to the eTrac.

Back
Top Bottom