1798 "Large Cent" from Ebay.... Got Busted Instead

CZconnoisseur

Hi all,

Haven't been having much luck detecting lately between the colder weather and whatnot, but I did manage to find this "large cent" online...it was on open auction so I sent a Buy it Now request for $200 which was quickly accepted....

It didn't hit home until I opened the package! What a beauty and such a large coin! :lol:

My Christmas budget was just made! Oh, and will be getting out with the Deus HF coil this Sunday with the way my luck is running....

DSCF4004 (1).jpg

DSCF4001 (1).jpg

DSCF4002 (1).jpg

1798 draped bust dollar 10 arrows

Sweet, now go bury it in a park somewhere so someone one day will freak out when they pop the plug.😀

It should be worth mentioning that this particular dollar is the more desirable variety from that year as well. Pointed 9 with 10 arrows. It carries a little more value than the other varieties from the same year.

I have seen several fakes of 1795 draped bust those here recently, pretty well done but missing a detail here and there and they were 1 gram light, and the edge was off. What does the edge of the coin look like?

Get it graded & slabbed

If your trusted local coin dealer says it’s real, I would suggest to get it graded and slabbed. Wow, what a nice score!

Back
Top Bottom