3 short hunts, Silver, "Ike", Pocket Watch

jack&jill

Elite Member
3 short hunts this last week did provide a few very nice finds and a little Silver also. While the clad count has slowed as I have been MD'ing private houses lately still having some success. The last time out i only found 7 coins but one was a "64' Rosie and another was a "Ike' Dollar coin. This is my second career Eisenhower and both are Bi-Centennial coins. This last hunt added 3 more cars to my collection, one being a mini Tootsie.

On the earlier hunts I dug my 18th Silver ring of the year And again another couple of the toy cars. A nice dig was a complete pocket watch but am having a tough time cleaning this item. The watch was all of six inches down and the face seems to be compressed to the dial face.

As always hope all have had some good times out. Thanks for looking. Jack

Attachments

• oct19.jpg
    oct19.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 455
  • oct19 5.jpg
    oct19 5.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 435
  • oct19 2.jpg
    oct19 2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 415
  • oct19 1.jpg
    oct19 1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 413
  • oct19 3.jpg
    oct19 3.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 414
  • oct19 4.jpg
    oct19 4.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 418
  • oct19 7.jpg
    oct19 7.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 418
  • oct19 6.jpg
    oct19 6.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 420
Awesome finds. I would pee my pants if I dug a silver dollar.
Every time the $1 box lights up on my Ace 250 it ends up being a piece of copper tubing. :(

as far as clad goes, can't beat the Ike dollar. And a bicentennial too!

That's one of the reasons I posted it. in my three years on this forum I have not seen but a few post of "Ike" Dollars. I consider myself very blessed to actually to have dug 2. Jack

They were only made 1971 - 1978. Only the "S" mint mark ones have silver in them.

Another silver is always nice. Looks like you squeaked in one more with the 64.

Congrats on Ike #2. I saw you dig the first one and I know how awesome it was to witness. Finding 2 is just amazing. I don't think I have seen another posted on here by anyone so it is a rare find.

Back
Top Bottom