Last 3 Hunts Leads to #5 for the Year!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
3/5/19 – Conditions Still Bad…
Took Merlin out for a 4 hour hunt. I got permission from the boss to leave early and went back to where I had just hunted with Sexton a few days before. I mixed in heading south but conditions are still not favorable and there was an overall lack of targets. I hate hunts that lack targets more than I do not finding gold.

3/10/19 – Dry Sander with the Golden Knights!
I went off for a dry sand hunt at sunrise with the Deleon and the clean sweep coil. I hunted for about 3.5 hours. Normally at least a 100 coins would be my expectation for a dry sand hunt here but it seems that’s getting harder to come by. No more coin operated parking and everybody paying with credit cards and their phone apps is drying up coin targets. :roll: I was angry at myself for forgetting my phone in the car which I normally have when I dry sand. I got even pissier when I noticed a guy landing in a parachute about 100 yards in front of me. I looked up and evidently the Army’s Golden Knights had jumped offshore and were landing on the beach! :shock: SUPER COOL! (They come down to South Fla for winter training). I thought I had scored a gold with the pendant at the end since it was in the number wheelhouse on the Deleon but it was just heartbreaking junk.

3/16/19 – Number 5 for the Year!
Unfortunately it wasn’t gold but my 5th pair of Ray Bans that are in really good shape. :roll: I found them near the end of my 5 hour hunt with Merlin and saved another gold-less hunt with at least 1 nice sell-able item. With Spring Break now in full force it seems those e-cigs things are all over the place. Going to head to my regular beach during the week after work with Noxy for the negative tides. At least now with the time change there’s some extra time in the afternoons. So far March is looking a lot like my dismal February. :no:

Attachments

• 3-5-19.jpg
    3-5-19.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 3-10-19.jpg
    3-10-19.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Knights 2014.jpg
    Knights 2014.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 3-16-19.jpg
    3-16-19.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 3-16-19 Glasses.jpg
    3-16-19 Glasses.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 168
Have to ask....what is that stick below the STIG one? I know something plug in to them. Ive found the everwhere.

Have to ask....what is that stick below the STIG one? I know something plug in to them. Ive found the everwhere.
Like Walrus stated it's a JUUL vape/e-cig. I have sold good ones easily to my son's friends $20 each time they're available. The 2 that I found in the water I need to see if they'll still work. The ones in dry sand were good.

And here I thought you had your 5th gold of the season... your getting awfully close to wearing that title of gold slumpy... then again Earl has lifetime rights to it :laughing:

Congrat's

On the Ray Ban Felix , just as good as gold in my book, still ware the Ray ban's i found on the beach in 2014, they are nice sun glasses, happy hunting.

Last edited:
I will say you have a knack for the sunglasses... I seem to always obliterate the ones I find with my scoop... But many on the secondary market still have value.

You ever come across Maui Jims shoot me a PM, may be able to give you some options with them... Most the others are owned by one company now.

Either way a good hunt in my book, you are just "waiting" for some gold.

Back
Top Bottom