• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another Seated, Another Large Cent And More

jack&jill

Elite Member
Thought it was time I caught up with my hunt reports. After my last reports of fantastic finds things slowed a bit, not much but a bit. Got out for 5 hunts since, three were with Air Force Mike and all produced some shine. 1st outing was with Mike at a Brew City Park, it produced my surprise coin with my 2nd Large Cent in a weeks time this one is in much better shape with a date of 1834. Also dug a Rosie to go with the big Copper. Next outing I went solo to a school yard that has given up a few shinys in the past and it did so big time with 3 Silver Coins, a GW, a Merc along with a Canadian Silver Dime and 2 Sterling Rings. Last Monday Mike and I returned to the Large Cent park. We had a tough day but I did get lucky enough to add a couple Merc's to the Silver count. On Tuesday I went back to my permission that has given me so much. It again produced another Seated dime and another Barber dime. This location now has put 4 Seated's, 2 Barbers and the Capped Bust Dime plus my oldest ever coin the 1833 Large Cent. The last hunt again with Mike really was a great story as Mike dug his first ever Walker. That alone made the outing a success. Still added a Rosie and a Barber quarter to my coffers. The hunt also gave me a dated Buffalo and a Marble in the same hole. Adding these Silver now has the count up to 344 FTY. Hope to get in a few more hunts before Trapping season starts next week Saturday. On to the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 10-12-18 3  (1).jpg
    10-12-18 3 (1).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 351
  • 10-12-18 2.jpg
    10-12-18 2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 319
  • 10-13-18 .jpg
    10-13-18 .jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 318
  • 10-13-18 1 .jpg
    10-13-18 1 .jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 317
  • 10-15-18.jpg
    10-15-18.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 318
  • 10-16-18.jpg
    10-16-18.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 319
  • 10-17-18.jpg
    10-17-18.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 315
Awesome finds as usual, Trapper! I can't wait until you lay out all of your cool finds at the end of the year. Your mountain of silver will be impressive to look at and drool over!

OUTSTANDING ! Just outstanding ! I am in awe Trap, to continually find the quality finds you bring home is a testament to your skill. Keep it up. HH Mark

Nothing like another Troy OZ. Of silver in one of your posts Trap.
Another seated and large cent included is mindblowing for Wisconsin.
Finishing the year so strong buddy.
I know your retired now but considering all of the growing season and harvest and things like trapping season mixed in it blows me away how efficient and persistent you are.
Let's face it .. some guys just know how to get things done.
Great work and let's scrounge a few up until Mother Nature says we are done .
Just the thaught of your wheat penny and silve count will be 1,000 holes in 2018.

Dew

Still killing it up there Jack! You are making some amazing finds. Congrats again.

You sure are getting into some beautiful older coins there Trapper!
Thank you Matt. I have always said Silver is beautiful, just digging some older ones just enhances it.
WTG trapper fine looking finds congrats buddy:D
Appreciate the reply Mark, thank you. The big Copper is my best as far as condition goes.
Congrats on the many fine recoveries! Each one of the coins is worthy of its own post. Well done Trapper!
Thank you JAK for all the kind words. I am hoping to add to the totals this week as after I won't get in an awful lot of swinging time.
Congrats Trapper . Nice bunch of oldies.
Thanks Jon for your response. It was a pretty good week and again I got some nice rewards. Digging the Large Cent in a Big City Park was a bit odd. Still being with Air Force Mike on his first Walker recovery was the best highlight. Trapper

Trapper you definitely make the best finds,lots of hard work there rewarded.If I were you I wouldn’t ever disclose my locations.lol..Congrats on another great haul.

Awesome finds, your retirement has led you more than triple your silver count. Not to put pressure on you, but curious where you think you will end up for the year?

I'm pulling for you!

And want a piece of your rabbit foot beard, lol

Another poor east-of-the-Mississippi hunter, who had to put up with the indignity of weeding through seateds, barbers, buffalos, silver washingtons, etc... to get another oh-so-common L.C. :sissyfight:

Awesome finds as usual, Trapper! I can't wait until you lay out all of your cool finds at the end of the year. Your mountain of silver will be impressive to look at and drool over!
Thank you Fred. The year end report will come soon enough but before that does happen I want to dig a few more. Right now this years finds are all in a plastic baggy waiting.
Excellent finds Trapper! You better save some for next year! Ha!
Thanks Tom, I think I will really need to expand the hunting territory next year as the local haunts have been pretty skimpy with the finds of late. Guess I will be doing an awful lot of door knocks.
OUTSTANDING ! Just outstanding ! I am in awe Trap, to continually find the quality finds you bring home is a testament to your skill. Keep it up. HH Mark
Appreciate the very kind words Mark. Most of my success is with just getting out there. I'm not a technical person and am very limited in those skills. Been very blessed with friends that have helped me with that and do pretty good at research and have a good set of ears. The biggest factor is I dig.
Nothing like another Troy OZ. Of silver in one of your posts Trap.
Another seated and large cent included is mindblowing for Wisconsin.
Finishing the year so strong buddy.
I know your retired now but considering all of the growing season and harvest and things like trapping season mixed in it blows me away how efficient and persistent you are.
Let's face it .. some guys just know how to get things done.
Great work and let's scrounge a few up until Mother Nature says we are done .
Just the thaught of your wheat penny and silve count will be 1,000 holes in 2018.

Dew
I'm all for the scrounging Brad as the detecting will slow up for the rest of the year. Still I think we will get in a few more hunts before the ice age shuts us down and the year end reports come out. A 1000 holes, just never looked at it from that perspective. Now that impresses me. Trapper

Nice finds, have never dug a Largie, probably not many in this entire state of Montana! Excellent SHINY results too! Am happy to see you getting some GREAT coins near the end of the season. Nothing like a happy and contented feeling to make you look forward to next year!

Still killing it up there Jack! You are making some amazing finds. Congrats again.
Thank you Jerry. These have been some very fun times. I don't think they will ever get better.
Killer finds congrats!
Appreciate your response Calabash, thank you.
Trapper you definitely make the best finds,lots of hard work there rewarded.If I were you I wouldn’t ever disclose my locations.lol..Congrats on another great haul.
Very kind words Pete, they are appreciated. I do share my locations with other that I hunt with and they reciprocate allowing me to hunt theirs. I do not take others on permissions, unless it is property we both ask for.
Awesome finds, your retirement has led you more than triple your silver count. Not to put pressure on you, but curious where you think you will end up for the year?

I'm pulling for you!

And want a piece of your rabbit foot beard, lol
Thank you for the kind praises Craig. It has been a year of a lot of success and having the time to do it is the biggest factor. I am hoping to hit 350 before trapping stars and after let the chips fall. Next time I trim the beard I will saves the cuttings for you. Trapper

Dang Trapper it wasn't that long ago that you hit 300! You may hit 400 for the year, at least I'm hoping you will!

Back
Top Bottom