Lovely Silver Hammered Coin

Thanks again everybody for the kind words!!!!

Brewser: Keep looking my friend; you never know what's going to come up on the next swing! I seem to go weeks sometimes months without a decent find, then usually when I least expect something nice comes up...just got to keep the faith!

Maxxkat: As far as detecting goes we are fairly lucky as besides a lot of different historic periods here, our laws also allow us to detect, unlike some other countries, so all in all its a good situation...

Something like that find always makes the hobby special Pete.
That really is an amazing coin and in great condition.
I have only found 1 and i believe its an Edward the 1st ( the hammer of the Scots ) as you will know he was up here quite often to keep us quiet.
I will keep plugging away.
But again well done, thats a real beauty for your coin collection.

Something like that find always makes the hobby special Pete.
That really is an amazing coin and in great condition.
I have only found 1 and i believe its an Edward the 1st ( the hammer of the Scots ) as you will know he was up here quite often to keep us quiet.
I will keep plugging away.
But again well done, thats a real beauty for your coin collection.

Brewser,

Thanks mate..it fairly shallow, and the signal was good, add to that I know the farmer as let others detect on the land previously, so all in all it was just down to my good luck.

I have found that 80% of my hammereds have come up when I was genuinely not expecting them; it seems the moment I consider a signal might be a hammered, the detecting god changes it to a bit of lead or a ring pull!

Re Edward 1st, Long shanks wasn't too popular here in Wales either! My old history teacher used to reckon from the time the first cave man through a rock at his chief, you can't find a 10 year period in British history where we are not either fighting internally or externally, or both! lol.

I am not sure how long you've been detecting, but keep at it and your luck will change...

Amazing. I'm happy if I get a 1700's coin.

Steve

It's all relative Steve....I used to live in a cottage dating to the early 1800's and it wasn't considered particularly old....My late ex FIL lived in a cottage where the original central part dated to the 1400's! He used to refer to the added on parts that dated to the 1700's as the modern parts of the house! lol

Back
Top Bottom