Most productive first minute

midotron

I went for a walk in the park today and afterwards wanted to check an area that had a house. Turned on the detector and literally within a minute and on my first solid target I found this silver bracelet. I imagine that's what a hole in one feels like. Came in at 1.24 oz.

Does anyone else have a crazy first target story?

Attachments

• received_1101439453527469.jpg
    received_1101439453527469.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 428
Congrats, nice find !!!!

….I'm sure it's nice to find a target like that right away rather than having to dig pull-tabs, bent nails, can slaw, and Zincolns first before getting a good find :lol:

Nice and chunky, great find!

I caught this one on video...decently big and thick one, 4.5 grams.
The wife stole it from me the second I showed it to her...and that took way less than a minute.

Attachments

• photostudio_1586218410570.jpg
    photostudio_1586218410570.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 443
Nice and chunky, great find!

I caught this one on video...decently big and thick one, 4.5 grams.
The wife stole it from me the second I showed it to her...and that took way less than a minute.

Nice hole in one Digger. It's a good feeling isn't it?

Congrats, nice find !!!!

….I'm sure it's nice to find a target like that right away rather than having to dig pull-tabs, bent nails, can slaw, and Zincolns first before getting a good find :lol:

Yeah, I did like skipping the trash this time. I searched the area a bit more just to make sure they didn't drop more jewelry, but only found some zincoins and clad as well as a few pieces of trash of course.

That’s crazy

I found a bracelet just like that one a couple of weeks ago.
Love those lobster claw claps. Always a good sign. Mine weighed a chunky 38 grams!
(The ring is 14k, but plated:()

Attachments

• EC146780-AAEE-42C3-9AC4-2438A7BA741B.jpg
    EC146780-AAEE-42C3-9AC4-2438A7BA741B.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 384
I found a bracelet just like that one a couple of weeks ago.
Love those lobster claw claps. Always a good sign. Mine weighed a chunky 38 grams!
(The ring is 14k, but plated:()

They do look very alike. Mine says italy and 925. I think it was a few grams less though. Maybe its a link shorter.

I my 1000s upon 1000s of beach hunts over the years , I have had maybe 30 where I drop the coil down and find a piece of gold jewelry right off the bat. This has kinda been a bad sign for me. Yeah , I got gold and I'm all jacked up , but then it's been all downhill the rest of the hunt except for just a few times.

Most Productive First Minute...

I asked my neighbor if I could hunt his lawn. It was a rental that he did not live at and it was empty at the time, so he told me that I could.

I grabbed my detector, walked over to the lawn, and while standing on the street, I turned it on. Not yet detecting, I kinda just swung it over the curb and I heard a very low, but solid, tone. I had not even ground balanced yet, but I figured I would see what made that solid low tone.

It ended up being a 9.5 grams 10k men's gold ring with 36 diamonds. I put it in my pocket, turned off my detector, and went back home. Not once stepping a foot on the lawn I went to detect.

Attachments

• Gold Ring Find.jpg
    Gold Ring Find.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 339
Not first target, but my first hunt I found a gold ring. I thought it was fake, until I got home and inspected it. Just a real small 10k. Only gold I've found, but I just coin shoot

Really nice find and super nice to find it on the first dig. I dug one a few years back that closely resembles yours but it wasn't on the first dig. My best first dig(s) hunt was many years ago at an old football field. My first two targets were silver dimes, a Roosevelt and a Mercury. After that it was all clad.

Attachments

• IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 369
Same thing happened to me at a volley ball court. Six feet in on the first pass under the net a nice heavy Tiffany's silver bracelet. It does catch you by surprise. Considering the many times you search a volley ball court and get pop tops and bobby pins.

Great find there.

In 1964 I was a new Boy Scout wearing my new uniform for the first time. We met in a field by a church and we stood in file by patrols.

Soon I realized I had lost my kerchief slide. I looked for it for months and then transferred to a new troop.

50 years later I was driving by that field and on an impulse I pulled in and parked. I grabbed a machine and walked to where I believed I stood 50 years ago.

On the fourth swing I got a solid hit. 4 inches down in black muck was my long lost slide

I asked my neighbor if I could hunt his lawn. It was a rental that he did not live at and it was empty at the time, so he told me that I could.

I grabbed my detector, walked over to the lawn, and while standing on the street, I turned it on. Not yet detecting, I kinda just swung it over the curb and I heard a very low, but solid, tone. I had not even ground balanced yet, but I figured I would see what made that solid low tone.

It ended up being a 9.5 grams 10k men's gold ring with 36 diamonds. I put it in my pocket, turned off my detector, and went back home. Not once stepping a foot on the lawn I went to detect.

Geez, TNT... I hope you went back to that permission the next day... after your heart stopped racing. :digginahole:

Years ago one a beach trip with Canadianguy we were talking about whisper targets on the ride there. Got geared up and I went looking for a just barely there target to see if he could pick it up as well, he said yes but not one he would go after. I offered it to him to dig and he said nope, it's yours. I remember it was a decent gold ring, nice start to the day!

It woulda killed me to leave!

Geez, TNT... I hope you went back to that permission the next day... after your heart stopped racing. :digginahole:
I did and it was a great lawn. 54 half, several mercs and silver rosies, 1910 boy scout swastica token, and a 1919 British large cent.

It woulda killed me to leave!

I just knew that nothing was going to top it and I didn't want any further finds to be disappointing. No matter how good they would have been.

Very nice! That's one big chunk of silver! Only cool first target story I have is when I dug up my first IHP. went to a permission with the wife and told her "I'm gonna get some old coins!" And literally as soon as I turned the Nox on, i got a 18-22 and dug up an indian! Pretty cool lol.

Last edited:
That is a nice piece of silver.

I can't top that, however I've had a couple of hunts where the find of the day was the first target/hole. I found my oldest coin, an 1886 IHP as the first target of a hunt and just yesterday I was out clad hunting and the first target was a nice little 925 silver ring.

Attachments

• 1886IHPfront (2).jpg
    1886IHPfront (2).jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 246
  • Ring.jpg
    Ring.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 268
Back
Top Bottom