Tesoro factory

dirtykneese

Forum Supporter
Hi all... I just got off the phone with Tesoro. I need to order a couple things before they go belly up.. I was talking with Vince, He told me :: There were thinking about a restructure.. Now there are a couple people thinking about taking over. He does not have an answer from them yet.. Will not give out any names..
So let us all hope that someone steps up and takes over..
I am an old Tesoro die hard.. KEN :D

Hi all... I just got off the phone with Tesoro. I need to order a couple things before they go belly up.. I was talking with Vince, He told me :: There were thinking about a restructure.. Now there are a couple people thinking about taking over. He does not have an answer from them yet.. Will not give out any names..

Thanks for the update Ken .

I called there two days ago and left a message on the recording..called three times yesterday and two times today,,same answering machine is all I got.:?:..is this the number you called? 928-771-2646

I talked with Vince for a while. He hopes someone will take over.
I told him that there sure are a lot of die hard Tesoro fans out their.
I told him about all the other detectors I have tried over the years. He laughed when I told him about the one I had, that played a lot of music.
My ears could not keep up with the different tones. So I sold it and got out my Tesoros. We had a nice talk... KEN :D

Seems if someone was interested in investing or buying them out it would have happened before it got to this...Doubt anyone would buy company and keep the lifetime warranty continuing for current and future detectors....not $$$$$ wise.

Seems if someone was interested in investing or buying them out it would have happened before it got to this...Doubt anyone would buy company and keep the lifetime warranty continuing for current and future detectors....not $$$$$ wise.

this is unfortunately a good observation

A new owner could maintain service and incorporate products into another company.. lifetime warranty would most likely be eliminated.
Since Tesoro is a reliable product that normally lasts decades, this should not be an issue for anyone buying a new Tesoro machine.

I'm genuinely empathetic for a company that goes under, but this isn't a loss for consumers. Tesoro has been coasting on dividends from 20-30 year old tech and poor ergonomics. With the exception of their Sand Shark PI, nothing they offer can compare to the machines that have been released in the last 5-years. And with companies "claiming" to be on the verge of releasing discriminating PI machines, the SS will also lose its edge in the marketplace.

yeah! i hope so too! the analog technology and the (k.i.s.s) theory is still in demand!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

We'll see what happens. Hope the best for them.

yeah! me too! found a ton with tesoro over the years! still a "viable " platform!
fun to use,and very rugged little detectors...very compact,and great for having with you when you are traveling!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I read on another Tesoro site that Vince was approached a couple years ago about buying Tesoro.
As far as the life time warranty,, I still have my original Amego I bought new shortly after they come out. It has never seen a work bench. In fact, none of my Tesoros have never seen a work bench. I will probably die with my Tesoros in my house.. KEN

Tesoro has been coasting on dividends from 20-30 year old tech and poor ergonomics.

There are a lot of valid points to be made about the demise of Tesoro, but poor ergonomics?:confused:

Light and effortless to swing, I thought every Tesoro I ever had was a pleasure from an ergonomic standpoint.

I hope someone buys them, or they restructure and continue making them. They're great detectors, and wonderful for the blind.

All fine and dandy but how many of you plan on buying a new Tesero from them if they decide to stay in business? Not a used one a Brand new one?
The reason for closing their factory is lack of sales only other thing it could be is to make them over seas.

I read on another Tesoro site that Vince was approached a couple years ago about buying Tesoro.
As far as the life time warranty,, I still have my original Amego I bought new shortly after they come out. It has never seen a work bench. In fact, none of my Tesoros have never seen a work bench. I will probably die with my Tesoros in my house.. KEN

if you don't try to ''drown" them,then this is a very real possibility!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom