2 mornings, 6 rings...2 r marked 14k, but only one looks real

Dirty Love

Elite Member
I got a couple minor low tide hunts in this week. Out Thursday morning I found that the Gulf was very bumpy...I was fooled by the beach cam,lol. Tried to go in the water past the breaking waves, but only got pushed around while trying to dig few targets that were mostly coins, the exception was the Monet/junk bracelet and the AO, American Optical Aviators, that I v-shaped the one side arm, but after straightening it out they are good to go, no scratches on the glass lenses.. The sand was mushy from the waves pulling sand off the beach so I hit the slope and found 3 rings in 45 minutes, one 14k gold 5.5g band, a stainless and a kids junker. Lots of greenies and "Felix Pennies" where found in the water and on the washed down slope.
Out this morning on the low again at the same beach, thinking I'll hit the slope again, but found the water was much calmer, so, moving in and out of the water I got a mixture of trash, coin and more junk jewelry. First ring find was a Tungsten that truly looks beat up, followed by a questionably marked 14k,2.2g with stones. The stones look milky/washed out and do not test as diamonds, and the acid test on the stone holds at 10k, but not 14k....But, when I file into the band, the 14k acid does not burn it up.??? I think it looks plated! Thanks for looking, GL.
DL

Attachments

• P1100828.JPG
    P1100828.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 545
  • P1100830.JPG
    P1100830.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 559
  • P1100831.JPG
    P1100831.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 560
  • P1100826.JPG
    P1100826.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 548
  • P1100845.JPG
    P1100845.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 549
  • P1100843.JPG
    P1100843.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 539
  • P1100844.JPG
    P1100844.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 528
:dingding: That's a good looking hunt there! You got at least one gold and a nice pair of glasses. To top it off you got some fine example of Felixes! :lol: Hopefully, the questionable gold will be good too!

I see two golds, might be rhodium plated, white gold, with some of the nickel alloy leached out from electrolysis...

Congrats!!

<°)))>{

You did alright! That ring with stones looks to me to be white gold w/maybe diamonds, congrats on the goodies!

WAY TO GO! That stone ring does look weird. I do wish Pirates were allowed to flog fake jewelry makers:lol:

:dingding: That's a good looking hunt there! You got at least one gold and a nice pair of glasses. To top it off you got some fine example of Felixes! :lol: Hopefully, the questionable gold will be good too!
Thanks Felix, I think those "Felixes" are migrating through the Key's and up the Gulf coast....time to build a wall:laughing:
At 2.2g & really sad looking stones, I'm not in a hurry to find out.

I see two golds, might be rhodium plated, white gold, with some of the nickel alloy leached out from electrolysis...

Congrats!!

<°)))>{
Thanks for the info ICE, makes sense.

You did alright! That ring with stones looks to me to be white gold w/maybe diamonds, congrats on the goodies!
Thanks BB, GL to You.

Sweet finds. Hope the diamonds are good
Thanks Steve, GL

+1 I think Ice is spot on there, congrats!
Ok GS, value your input...Thanks

NICE hunt!
Thanks MW...GL

Nice one Dirty, congrats on the gold! I'm with Ice on his assessment, :yes:
Can only hope you guys are right till I get it checked out, Thanks!

WAY TO GO! That stone ring does look weird. I do wish Pirates were allowed to flog fake jewelry makers:lol:
Ha,Ha....It's an unsolved Mystery for now.....Save the flogging fore the Tungsten,Titanium,and Stainless sellers......buyers too!!:laughing:

Great hunt, congrats on the finds! :grin:
Thanks XT70, Hunts are fun, but finds are awesome...GL down under.

I like those heavy plain bands! Thats some mighty fine effort/results there Dirty!
Thanks Mud, GL

Back
Top Bottom