Check out this metal detecting beach bike!

FindSomeGold

My buddy is an Environmentalist Beach Contractor in Daytona Beach, so he spends every workday where we'd all rather be! He sent me this picture yesterday (see attached).

He said the gentleman that owns the bike (custom built?) will cruise along and drop flags on any targets the bike detector hits (the big coil in the front I guess?!) and then he goes back and digs them all with his handheld.

Pretty wild / awesome eh? :laughing:

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 3,637
That is cool. Looks like it is electric/human powered. Would like to meet the guy who put that together! :cool:

Pretty nice! Gonna miss a lot of small rings with the 12x36" elliptical mono though...

That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've seen.Right up there with the gas powered metal detector-digger combination thing. Thanks for the laugh.:laughing:

Is this a joke or is that thing for real? Reminds me of some of the tricycles I see some older Cuban fisherman rig down here.

Minelab, did you see this post? Looks like someone just hijacked the design of your next beach machine! :crackup:

Raphis

Looks like one of those hybrid electric bikes. The sand around there is pretty hard so riding a bike is no problem but I`m guessing he would just use the electric motor. I guess it could save some time.

There's a guy in NSB using one... it's a cart, but just like that setup... His has a ML 4500 or something like that. Total waste... he digs a foot deep just to get a signal from a bottle cap from his other machine. An hour to dig aa few targets aren't good odds.

I was watching Meteorite Men and the Russian team they were working with had this detector which sat against the belly with a strap around your neck, it had plugs in the side which you connected either a pole/normal-ish looking double D or what looked like a huge DIY elliptical which was dragged along the fields with strings and it would sometimes get stuck on the brush. They were getting some meteorites pretty deep in the soil too, which looked somewhat sandy by the way. Geoff brought his Fisher F75 and Steve looked like he just went along with whatever the Russians were using, although I didn't see the whole episode. Anyway, the DIY elliptical the Russians were using looked like a bigger version of what is attached to the Daytona Beach electric bike detector.

Back
Top Bottom