Garrett Has Revamped It's Website.....Check It Out!

I'm with you, I would much rather see those bucks being spent towards developing new state of the art machines.

BAWAHHHHAAAAA. You really think Garrett building a new website cuts into their research and development funds ? LOLOLOL. It actually cost less to revamp a website than it did for Fisher to repackage their detectors under new names.

Also, I know for a fact Garrett is working on something new. Until then everyone waits. Just like with Whites, Fisher et al.

That's not the point at all. I like Garrett. Have owned a few in the past. But like other old school companies in their respected fields , if they aren't forward thinking , other companies will do the thinking for them. I'm more of a whites guy and I'm REALLY not happy with them. Just don't see much in there pipeline that will be able to compete with overseas competitors. Especially when you look at newer features and price. And I'm all for American companies 1st. I hope they both have something up there sleeves !

This is where American and Euro companies differ. American companies keep things more private. Just because they haven't contacted folks on this website to inform them of their intentions doesn't infer they're sitting, twiddling their thumbs.

We’ve all heard the old saying,Don’t fix what’s not broke? Well,I can’t see why Garrett would change anything..And not to be obnoxious like some brand lovers,but when the at pro was released that shot was heard around the metal detecting world.
I’m surprised YouTube hasn’t crashed with the thousands of Garrett videos of people making outstanding finds.And new ones are still getting uploaded daily..Couldn’t imagine being the CEO of Garrett and trying to change anything,like being shot and then hung.
Other brands had to come out with somthing other than what they had,Garrett has had the market pretty much cornered for all terrain machines for a long time.Household names are hard to get around,and being the pioneer of the only all terrain machine for so long it’s gonna take other companies years to catch up on sales,and a lot of loot in promotional advertisements to get the word out..These forums make up maybe one percent of the people involved in this hobbie around the world..I just don’t see anyone on here including myself being as smart as the giants that run Garrett industries.

I'm not asking Garrett to change anything at all, their current line up is solid. Proven performance. I just wish they would ADD some NEW technology that can compete with all these new machines, cause this fan is close to jumping ship. Dont you hate seeing a 350$ detector do the same things (or better) your 6,7,800$ detector can do? Seen more than enough coins found IN PERSON that the Garrett wouldn't touch too, but NEW technology had those coins ringing like a Christmas symphony :laughing: the only Garrett product I will own pretty soon will be the carrot unless Garrett has an answer in 2020. Got all winter to think about it :roll:

BAWAHHHHAAAAA. You really think Garrett building a new website cuts into their research and development funds ? LOLOLOL. It actually cost less to revamp a website than it did for Fisher to repackage their detectors under new names.

Also, I know for a fact Garrett is working on something new. Until then everyone waits. Just like with Whites, Fisher et al.

Every little bit helps and if it cuts off a few months, great.:kingdances:

I'm not asking Garrett to change anything at all, their current line up is solid. Proven performance. I just wish they would ADD some NEW technology that can compete with all these new machines, cause this fan is close to jumping ship. Don't you hate seeing a 350$ detector do the same things (or better) your 6,7,800$ detector can do? Seen more than enough coins found IN PERSON that the Garrett wouldn't touch too, but NEW technology had those coins ringing like a Christmas symphony :laughing: the only Garrett product I will own pretty soon will be the carrot unless Garrett has an answer in 2020. Got all winter to think about it :roll:

Maybe before Garrett or any other of the US companies cut a new and better trail, they have to observe what new technology is being presented by the new folks, then technically digest that technology, move forward with even better advancements, at competitive prices.

Garrett and Fisher amongst others have some of the "best" engineers in the world, have designed some of the groundwork on which everyone else built on. Our (USA) metal detector manufactures aren't stupid by no means. Give them some credit and give them some time.

You don't design, test, build and release good products in 30 days. :newidea:

Maybe before Garrett or any other of the US companies cut a new and better trail, they have to observe what new technology is being presented by the new folks, then technically digest that technology, move forward with even better advancements, at competitive prices.

Garrett and Fisher amongst others have some of the "best" engineers in the world, have designed some of the groundwork on which everyone else built on. Our (USA) metal detector manufactures aren't stupid by no means. Give them some credit and give them some time.

You don't design, test, build and release good products in 30 days. :newidea:

Unfortunately , the Chinese and Russian's do.

Every little bit helps and if it cuts off a few months, great.:kingdances:

So they pay a current employee who's job is website maintenance a weeks salary. $1200 bucks or so. Ya, I have no clue how Garrett could continue to fund research and development spending such a colossal amount of money. They should just close the doors wasting all that money. :waiting:

Some folks must be bored.
They would debate anything.

How about this?
Garrett’s site has been improved. Good on them.
And I am not a Garrett fan.

So they pay a current employee who's job is website maintenance a weeks salary. $1200 bucks or so. Ya, I have no clue how Garrett could continue to fund research and development spending such a colossal amount of money. They should just close the doors wasting all that money. :waiting:

So you feel that the web page maintenance is a waste of money? I was trying to say that those expenses may have been used in development and just leave the page as it was. I think that most folks here would rather see a new development than the fancy page upgrade. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
[/B]

So you feel that the web page maintenance is a waste of money? I was trying to say that those expenses may have been used in development and just leave the page as it was. I think that most folks here would rather see a new development than the fancy page upgrade. Just my thoughts.

Changing a website doesn't dip into research and development funds even a tiny bit. They're working on a new detector. Just because you don't know what it is doesn't mean nothing is happening. And yes, I know for a fact they are working on something new.

So you feel that the web page maintenance is a waste of money?

NOPE. Apparently you do though.

When it comes to coin hunting, TID, ground mineral handling and adjustability of features...Minelab is SO far ahead of everyone else that they all might as well just pretty up their websites, it’s all they have. I tried my one friends GtI1350. Wobbly shafted, ill performing turd. Tried another buddies ATPro. Good to 5” with TID and the stock coil, and a nose heavy, wobbly turd. They make great pinpointers and stickers.
NEXT!!!!!:lol:

I am a fan of Garrett and Minelab. Fisher is good too. Tesoro not bad.
I hope Garrett comes out with some newer tech, sounds exciting If they are!

Back
Top Bottom