I found a name tag

Country Dirt Kid

Elite Member
I found a name tag in my neighborhood. I asked around town and found out the name tag belonged to Wendell Miller. He was born in 1913 and served as a fire chief, school bus driver, service station owner, boy scout leader and possibly a veteran. His grave has the world war star on it but I could not find any thing in his obituary about the war. Maybe he was the type that did not want to be recognized. His son was a doctor and served in the Vietnam war as a medic. I'm really happy that I found something good to research but it bothers me that I can't figure out why there is a WW star on his grave. Can anyone with fold 3 or genealogy.com do a quick search for me.
Wendell Lawrence Miller
November 4th 1913- December
Whiteside County Erie Illinois.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 203
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 233
  • aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 222
I found his draft registration card on Fold3 but nothing about service. His family tree that someone has posted on Ancestry does not mention military service either.
B09B42BD-B448-4E8C-A02A-92D2831B4D07.jpg

2B64483A-ABB3-4552-B4CC-A15560BA964C.jpg

I find a few old name tags like that. Mine came off fur traps and it was a law they had to have one way back when. Just a name and city and state. I wonder if that is what you have

Back
Top Bottom