Will 5G Hurt or even KILL our hobby??

MrDirtyHands

Guys, I posted this over at NASA... site and got 200 plus views but only one reply. That kinda surprised me. Maybe no one knew what to say! How 'bout here?... I'm NO electronics or EMI expert by ANY means but...

I've seen & heard some pretty scary stuff about 5G which will soon explode in use across the country/world. I've even heard "they" will put the transmitters on top of telephone poles ALL OVER the place! (In our neighborhoods etc...)

Now again, this just may be "stinkin thinkin" but if EMI is a MAJOR issue NOW, hindering the performance of our machines, what will the much more powerful signal do to our hobby? (And health & the animals etc...)

Any ideas??

Just wear a tinfoil suit and use a Faraday Cage to protect your detector. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You are under a constant bombardment of rf energy pretty much anywhere you go. You'll be fine.

Guys, I posted this over at NASA... site and got 200 plus views but only one reply. That kinda surprised me. Maybe no one knew what to say! How 'bout here?... I'm NO electronics or EMI expert by ANY means but...

I've seen & heard some pretty scary stuff about 5G which will soon explode in use across the country/world. I've even heard "they" will put the transmitters on top of telephone poles ALL OVER the place! (In our neighborhoods etc...)

Now again, this just may be "stinkin thinkin" but if EMI is a MAJOR issue NOW, hindering the performance of our machines, what will the much more powerful signal do to our hobby? (And health & the animals etc...)

Any ideas??

What is 5G ? I'm concerned about Fukushima !

This might help explain it.
https://www.howtogeek.com/423720/how-worried-should-you-be-about-the-health-risks-of-5g/

Last edited:
I doubt that.

How should it, as 5G is in the 600kHz up to 300gHz ranges?! No detector goes above 100kHz, and most not even above 20kHz.

And many wifi is 5G for a while already, and that doesn't interfer either.

To be realistic the older 4G and 3G (now everywere) frequency is much closer to detector ranges and should interfere more quick. And even that doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom