Lost, Five Silver Coins Dug, and then Lost

hikerdude

Forum Supporter
Well, I am sick. I was metal detecting Huntington Beach, in California, just south of the Pier. I could see where a tractor had cut some sand away, so the rain could run off the walkway. Well knowing coins sink, and seeing the cut went from zero at the sidewalk to nearly two feet out towards the ocean, I jumped right on the spot. First target was a 32, 33, so I dug and to my supprise, a Ben Franklin, and of coarse, I swung back over the hole, and sure enough I was getting the same numbers. In the same hole, out comes a Walking Liberty. Two half dollars in the same hole. Next came a Washington silver, and then a Mercury dime, and finally a Rosevelt silver dime. I was so excited, I put the five coins on a small block wall and took pictures, and then walked away. Yep, I left them there on that wall. I am sick.

Well, I am sick. I was metal detecting Huntington Beach, in California, just south of the Pier. I could see where a tractor had cut some sand away, so the rain could run off the walkway. Well knowing coins sink, and seeing the cut went from zero at the sidewalk to nearly two feet out towards the ocean, I jumped right on the spot. First target was a 32, 33, so I dug and to my supprise, a Ben Franklin, and of coarse, I swung back over the hole, and sure enough I was getting the same numbers. In the same hole, out comes a Walking Liberty. Two half dollars in the same hole. Next came a Washington silver, and then a Mercury dime, and finally a Rosevelt silver dime. I was so excited, I put the five coins on a small block wall and took pictures, and then walked away. Yep, I left them there on that wall. I am sick.
Oh, that's terrible. My first ring was a little sterling number that was unusual, a bit large for me. I lost it in a restaurant bathroom..

Well, I am sick. I was metal detecting Huntington Beach, in California, just south of the Pier.......................I put the five coins on a small block wall and took pictures, and then walked away. Yep, I left them there on that wall. I am sick.

Let's see the pictures!

I know the exact spot you are talking about. So you are the 1 posting for a reward of those on craigslist. Bro....forget it. Hope you ain't the 1 posting about all the jewelry off main st.

Lost Silver

I know the exact spot you are talking about. So you are the 1 posting for a reward of those on craigslist. Bro....forget it. Hope you ain't the 1 posting about all the jewelry off main st.

Yep, I'm the one posting on Craigslist. A few days ago, I was cleaning my car, and when digging under the seat, I found a sandwich bag, and to my surprise, there they were. I really thought they were gone forever. I didn't lose them, I just forgot I put them in a separate bag and somehow they slid under the seat. I found them, I could not believe I found them, again. I figured that was a find of a lifetime. Those coins had to of been laying down there since the 50's. A Benjamin Franklin and a Walker in the same hole. Last winter I dug a 1987 silver eagle (999 one oz silver) in Santa Monica, where the rain runoff from the streets made a cut to the ocean. Maybe a mile north of the pier.

That is what I was thinking also.
Don't be too sick over it. I just pile up my nicer finds and joke about a treasure chest or seeding some parks on day with it all. Maybe I'll write you guys a poem in another 30 years haha. I love the hunt and the excitement, the spoils...I guess we will see one day.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

wait what?

I am sorry but I don't believe this story. You did good until the ASE was mentioned. I've never seen anyone have 1 out were it could be lost. I hope I am wrong but the story doesn't jive. Be like me saying I found a 5 dollar American Buffalo. 9999 coin on the beach. Unless it was mounted as jewelry which is usually done with MSD "Morgan's". Please prove me wrong.

Yep, I'm the one posting on Craigslist. A few days ago, I was cleaning my car, and when digging under the seat, I found a sandwich bag, and to my surprise, there they were. I really thought they were gone forever. I didn't lose them, I just forgot I put them in a separate bag and somehow they slid under the seat. I found them, I could not believe I found them, again. I figured that was a find of a lifetime. Those coins had to of been laying down there since the 50's. A Benjamin Franklin and a Walker in the same hole. Last winter I dug a 1987 silver eagle (999 one oz silver) in Santa Monica, where the rain runoff from the streets made a cut to the ocean. Maybe a mile north of the pier.

Ase

Hello, I don't know what an ASE is? I am not very articulate so maybe I made a mistake? I never could see any point in telling a false story. What is an ASE? Edit:
ASE Is that a 999 One Dollar Silver Eagle?

Hello, I don't know what an ASE is? I am not very articulate so maybe I made a mistake? I never could see any point in telling a false story. What is an ASE? Edit:
ASE Is that a 999 One Dollar Silver Eagle?

I'm sure he meant the '87 silver eagle round you said you found there last year.
Glad you found your misplaced 5 silvers.

Happy Again

Although that’s never happened to me, I feel your pain!

Thanks for your imput. Well as it turned out, I found the five coins in a plastic sandwich bag under the passangers seat of my car. I had given up hope. Those coins are special, especially finding them a hundred yeards from the Huntington Beach Pier in California. The were maybe a foot to a foot and a half deep right next to the concrete sidewalk next to the sand. I don't know to post pictures or I would?

Back
Top Bottom