Silvers 18-19 fty (dug for 90 sec) seriously

Mountain Mike

Elite Member
Ok so my wife and I are in PA visiting family and staying in a old but nice motel. I was looking bored so my wife says why don't you go out and detect in front of the room. So I grab my eTrac and strategically locate a bush between me and the office window. So I detect for 5 min or so and get a signal bouncing around1-4---40-46. At this point I was thinking silver ring. I visually mark it and move on and get a solid 12-45 (silver dime) one minute later and mark it. There were lots of signals but I was betting those 2 were silver. At this point I poke my head in the room and tell my wife that I need a lookout. So while she watches the office I dug those 2 targets in about 90 seconds. These were the 2 targets.

Attachments

• 20190315_194640.jpg
    20190315_194640.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
Dang!! I would go to the office and ask permission, I bet they would let you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never intended to dig anything but to just kill a few minutes. It was getting dark right as I dug them and im leaving first thing in the morn. ugh but we come up and stay here every 6 months or so. The owners are foreign and I don't know how they will respond but im definitely gonna ask next time. Its gonna be a long 6 months.

I must say coming from western NC to PA (Altoona). This place is crazy. Every direction I look this place is just oozing history. The guys who live here must be killing it!!
Digging 2 silvers---Great!
Telling your wife that you're gonna dig 2 silvers and then actually doing it---Priceless !!!

Last edited:
Sweet stealth session! I know you're going to find a lot more.
I just hope this thread doesn't get taken over by the permission mongers. :roll:

Congrats! I bet there is more silver where that came from. I am going to PA next week. What did you say the name and address of the old motel was?

Back
Top Bottom