Melted down silver????

Crows Eye

I found this yesterday while vacationing in Virginia. My G2 picked it up at a solid 91. Tried the Etrac and it was also a solid 1-49. Not sure exactly what it could be. Quarter is just for size comparison.

Attachments

• Family photos 001.jpg
    Family photos 001.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 4,656
Looks like melted aluminum to me. People often have fires on the beach and throw their aluminum pop cans, etc. into the fire, and an aluminum ball is the result. I hope it's silver, for your sake. That would be awesome :)

Looks like melted aluminum to me. People often have fires on the beach and throw their aluminum pop cans, etc. into the fire, and an aluminum ball is the result. I hope it's silver, for your sake. That would be awesome :)

X2 on the melted can. i find chunks of that on almost every beach i've been to and it sure sounds nice on the MD. :shock:

if it's light (compare it with a silver coin) it's melted aluminium
if it's heavy and can be scrached really easy it's lead.

Hello!!

I'm sorry for getting to this forum so late, DO NOT THROW AWAY THAT BLOB.. I've recently found 10 of those here in Kansas, my first thought was aluminum aswell but my detector went ape !!!!. Definitely not aluminum otherwise it would've said its aluminum. It came up as jewelry/Silver. I've read alot of posts tonight and people are revolting this stuff.. STOOOOP. Dont lick it, dont eat it, and dont burn it! I took every one of my blobs to a spectrometer and they all pretty much weigh the same 5-7 grams. My Blobs are Identical to yours and everyone else's I've seen online. This is what our stuff is composed of:

Ag: Silver
Au:gold
Ni: Nickel
Cu: copper
Zn: zinc
Pb: lead
Cd: cadmium (More poisonous than cyanide)
Fe: iron

I'm almost guaranteeing you that your blob is also in that order from silver being the most of its content and iron being the least. I've called a lot of people here in Kansas for the last few weeks and they are stumped. Nobody knows what this is and everyone says its man made and melted junk.. It's literally a chunk of silver and almost every other metal including gold. It's not junk. The bad thing is the cadmium. There is no safe way to separate the cadmium from any of the metals you want to keep like gold or silver in your blob. Touching it is safe but licking it or it somehow getting into a wound or you breath it in while its burning then your screwed my friend. I thought this was just a weird Kansas thing but I've seen people asking about this from Scotland and their silver blob looks just like ours. Please spread this message. I dont know any other way to find out what this is or where it came from, perhaps carbon dating is our only option. I can see where this Could be a meteorite but its non magnetic despite iron and nickel and such. However metals in their RAW form are not powerful enough to be magnetic. So could this be a freak occurence? Or riches waiting for a name to be put on this stuff. It's not aluminum.

I'm sorry for getting to this forum so late, DO NOT THROW AWAY THAT BLOB.. I've recently found 10 of those here in Kansas, my first thought was aluminum aswell but my detector went ape !!!!. Definitely not aluminum otherwise it would've said its aluminum. It came up as jewelry/Silver. I've read alot of posts tonight and people are revolting this stuff.. STOOOOP. Dont lick it, dont eat it, and dont burn it! I took every one of my blobs to a spectrometer and they all pretty much weigh the same 5-7 grams. My Blobs are Identical to yours and everyone else's I've seen online. This is what our stuff is composed of:

Ag: Silver
Au:gold
Ni: Nickel
Cu: copper
Zn: zinc
Pb: lead
Cd: cadmium (More poisonous than cyanide)
Fe: iron

I'm almost guaranteeing you that your blob is also in that order from silver being the most of its content and iron being the least. I've called a lot of people here in Kansas for the last few weeks and they are stumped. Nobody knows what this is and everyone says its man made and melted junk.. It's literally a chunk of silver and almost every other metal including gold. It's not junk. The bad thing is the cadmium. There is no safe way to separate the cadmium from any of the metals you want to keep like gold or silver in your blob. Touching it is safe but licking it or it somehow getting into a wound or you breath it in while its burning then your screwed my friend. I thought this was just a weird Kansas thing but I've seen people asking about this from Scotland and their silver blob looks just like ours. Please spread this message. I dont know any other way to find out what this is or where it came from, perhaps carbon dating is our only option. I can see where this Could be a meteorite but its non magnetic despite iron and nickel and such. However metals in their RAW form are not powerful enough to be magnetic. So could this be a freak occurence? Or riches waiting for a name to be put on this stuff. It's not aluminum.
Posting this on multiple threads doesn't make it more plausible.

Take it to a pawn shop, they can tell you, take it to at least 2 shops, it's free to test

Back
Top Bottom