My first permission to detect!

toppjimie

Theres a old 1930 golf course in a village founded in 1811. I used to play there in the 80's and 90's. It's been closed since 2000. I asked the property owner if i can metal detect and he said "go ahead"! The Course is split in half by a Creek and the other half is owned by development company. I have 20 acres and a creek to check out. Tee Boxes and around the greens are positives. Theres also a picnic area in the wood's that was used for parties. I'm excited. Wish me luck.

Sounds like a great permission. I remember NCtoad and Lil Worm6 did well at an old golf course.

Let us know if you need help. :laughing:

If you find any large cents, the west coast guys don't want to hear about it. :sissyfight:

Looking forward to pictures of your finds. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the well wishes folks! Yes, Pic's will be uploaded once i found anything (big if). I'm waiting for some rain the next days too soften the ground. I was at a closed down school by me and the ground was just like concrete.

If you find any large cents, the west coast guys don't want to hear about it. :sissyfight:

Tee hee...you give me a good laugh with the comments. Move over on this side of the Miss, and then start giving it to those dang westerners.

Sounds like an amazing permission. Look forward to your updates. Good luck.

That's pretty much a perfect site. Old, you don't have to worry about killing the grass, and no one is around. Do you have any idea what was there before the golf course?

That's pretty much a perfect site. Old, you don't have to worry about killing the grass, and no one is around. Do you have any idea what was there before the golf course?

I only know it was a family operated course back in the 60's. The Grandson sold out the land 2003. The Village its in is very old (1820). There's a Animal Rescue that owns the front half of the land. Thats the front 9. I'm a golfer and played that course several times in the 90's.

They told me not during business hours which leaves me early morning or after 6 pm. Thats fine i plan on going on the weekends and holiday weekends.

I hope i find something. Its a bit of a drive for me so i'm planning the days to go here soon.

Back
Top Bottom