What VDI number is your nemesis,?

k2gleaner

Elite Member
It's 53 for me. (AT Pro)

It's more of a love/hate, come here/go away type of thing. I don't know why I keep digging it, to be honest. For a long time, I thought that was going to be my nickel number but I don't know when the last time I found a nickel was. (well, I do. I found my first buffalo nickel a week or two ago and it was not a 53).

I hear 53 when I'm in a farm field more than any other number. It's almost always aluminum, tin, or some other thin flexible metal.

This afternoon, I was scouting a field that has had some Civil War activity on it. It's almost adjacent to a field that certainly did. I heard that last year, some guys found a whole cache of bullets in the ground. Well, I was trying to dig any clean tone I had, high or low, but soon had to give up on those stupid 53s.

What's your nemesis number?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On my machine (Delta 4000) that would be an even 60! The old school beaver tails and pulltabs show up. But also have found 2 gold rings which rang up as 60 as well, so its a love/hate relationship. Also, I have dug a gold ring which showed up as a 53 so if its solid I do usually dig those as well. Trash will ring as gold and vice versa, just how it is!

It's 53 for me. (AT Pro)

It's more of a love/hate, come here/go away type of thing. I don't know why I keep digging it, to be honest. For a long time, I thought that was going to be my nickel number but I don't know when the last time I found a nickel was. (well, I do. I found my first buffalo nickel a week or two ago and it was not a 53).

I hear 53 when I'm in a farm field more than any other number. It's almost always aluminum, tin, or some other thin flexible metal.

This afternoon, I was scouting a field that has had some Civil War activity on it. It's almost adjacent to a field that certainly did. I heard that last year, some guys found a whole cache of bullets in the ground. Well, I was trying to dig any clean tone I had, high or low, but soon had to give up on those stupid 53s.

What's your nemesis number?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Same for me on my ATPro. Gets my hopes up.....pull tab....foil...etc.....:no:

For me it is 17 on the NOX. I am not sure when I have found anything good with it, but when I am in a farm field, I can't help but dig it. The best I can hope for is an old bullet or headstamp. Most of the time it is just little bits of trash metal.

17-21 on the Nox. An Indian is in there somewhere and I’m going to find it! First I’m going to dig a million square pull tabs, corroded zinc coins, or zinc coins.

A big solid crisp '67' TID on the F70 is ALWAYS a Chucky Cheese or 'No Cash Value' carwash token every single time! I stopped looking at TIDS a long time ago, but still, even hunting straight audio, on the F70, running Delta Pitch tones, a guy hears one of those CC or NCV tokens..It just jumps right out at you! Its such a hard crisp hit, theres no way a guy can let that one go unstabbed!

The 67 is under silver/clad dime tones, and just above a 63 zinc, so its an oddball tone that stops a guy and gets the immediate 'dig me' notice....

So a fellow glances at the TID screen occasionally just for giggles.....67? I knew it! ..You even say to yourself before the extract..."That 67 tone is definitely a NCV or a CC token!" And sure enough, it always is..! Although, a guy says to himself,

Maybe someday there will be a $10 massive gold coin stack payoff or a monster gold ring on that tone and TID? Thats what a fellow tells himself anyway....? So I have come to Love/Hate that 'hard 67 CC and No cash Value tone and Tid'...

Thinking....I guess I dont mind pulling the 67's...nice big target, easy as pie to stab and pull... I pass them off to the kid running the till behind the counter at the StopNRob and have him convinced that Chucky Cheese tokens are actually 'Hillary Clinton Presidential' $1 coins! Dopey kid running the till! I fill my tank and buy a case of beer, walk in and keep a straight face as He rings up the purchase, and I slam a stack of dirty ChuckyCheese down on the counter!

The facial similarities between Hillary Clinton and Chucky Cheese are nearly identical! Kid behind the counter says, What the hell are these? Im like, "What the hell Butters? Those are Hillary Clinton Presidential $1 Dollar coins! I'm paying for my gas and beer! Dont you know nothing? Who did you think they were? Millard fussin Fillmore?"...Also, I'd like a carwash...heres a NCV token that says I get one!....:laughing:

I cant wait for the Elizabeth Warren Presidential $5's to come out! Nobody knows who she is in the till running StopNrob circles...She needs to get some name recognition by getting elected for this to payoff for us....The Presidential $5 'EDubs' will be popping 67 Tids just like the Chuckys and Hillarys did! NCV! Free Beer! :laughing:

Last edited:
89 or 90 while detecting in the woods. Big silver? Nope, just another ox knob! So annoying!

Attachments

• DSCN1067 (2).jpg
    DSCN1067 (2).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 404
Been dirtfishing for years and I still don’t care about a VDI. They do seem important tho.

Ok, replace "vdi" with "tone", then. This evening, it was getting a little dark to read my screen as I swing and walked back to my truck but I could hear that tone. If I stopped to really look, it was a 53.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The sketchy deep high tone in the form of a wavering low 30s on the Nox or jumpy mid/high 80s on the AT Pro. I'm good enough to sniff them out, but not good enough to avoid digging 10+ rusty nails for every deep coin.

Last edited:
A big solid crisp '67' TID on the F70 is ALWAYS a Chucky Cheese or 'No Cash Value' carwash token every single time! I stopped looking at TIDS a long time ago, but still, even hunting straight audio, on the F70, running Delta Pitch tones, a guy hears one of those CC or NCV tokens..It just jumps right out at you! Its such a hard crisp hit, theres no way a guy can let that one go unstabbed!

The 67 is under silver/clad dime tones, and just above a 63 zinc, so its an oddball tone that stops a guy and gets the immediate 'dig me' notice....

So a fellow glances at the TID screen occasionally just for giggles.....67? I knew it! ..You even say to yourself before the extract..."That 67 tone is definitely a NCV or a CC token!" And sure enough, it always is..! Although, a guy says to himself,

Maybe someday there will be a $10 massive gold coin stack payoff or a monster gold ring on that tone and TID? Thats what a fellow tells himself anyway....? So I have come to Love/Hate that 'hard 67 CC and No cash Value tone and Tid'...

Thinking....I guess I dont mind pulling the 67's...nice big target, easy as pie to stab and pull... I pass them off to the kid running the till behind the counter at the StopNRob and have him convinced that Chucky Cheese tokens are actually 'Hillary Clinton Presidential' $1 coins! Dopey kid running the till! I fill my tank and buy a case of beer, walk in and keep a straight face as He rings up the purchase, and I slam a stack of dirty ChuckyCheese down on the counter!

The facial similarities between Hillary Clinton and Chucky Cheese are nearly identical! Kid behind the counter says, What the hell are these? Im like, "What the hell Butters? Those are Hillary Clinton Presidential $1 Dollar coins! I'm paying for my gas and beer! Dont you know nothing? Who did you think they were? Millard fussin Fillmore?"...Also, I'd like a carwash...heres a NCV token that says I get one!....:laughing:

I cant wait for the Elizabeth Warren Presidential $5's to come out! Nobody knows who she is in the till running StopNrob circles...She needs to get some name recognition by getting elected for this to payoff for us....The Presidential $5 'EDubs' will be popping 67 Tids just like the Chuckys and Hillarys did! NCV! Free Beer! :laughing:

I thought they already had the Liz Warren $5 come out. Maybe I’m confusing it with the Sacajawea? I’ve got to be 1/1024 correct anyway!

17-18 on the nokta simplex. Very good solid signal everytime, but always a ball of foil :laughing: I would hazard a guess that some gold rings will hit these numbers though, so i just keep digging them.

Mine would. E the solid 14 on the Nox 800. I dig them, but have yet to pull anything but pull tabs.

+1 .. I am "told" that Many gold rings come up under this ID but I have yet to find one.. 100% of the time for me has been a pull tab.

I dig anything that beeps but I'm assured that if 16 shows up it's a bottle cap on my NOX 600.

I have found many a junk ring hitting 16 so I change freq to 10 and if the ID jumps up it is a bottle cap.. if it stays relatively the same I dig it

VDI is helpful but I can tell far more by the sounds my ATPro makes. The more you get to know your machines language, the less the VDI's matter.

VDI is helpful but I can tell far more by the sounds my ATPro makes. The more you get to know your machines language, the less the VDI's matter.

Like I said earlier, replace vdi with tone. I'm talking about a tone but I can't describe to you the tone so the vdi makes sense to use in this forum.

The sad thing is some of these kids working at fast foods would believe that.

Back
Top Bottom