This Trip No Bust, A Multi Seated Down Day

jack&jill

Elite Member
Actually went back last night to hunt but the owner had just restarted cutting the grass. So I made an offer to help. Spent the next 45 minutes on his tractor as he did the trim. When he finished the trim he took over on the tractor. At that time I asked if I could return in the morning to hunt and he said thank you and have at it. He must of quit shortly after I left as there was about a quarter of the yard to be still done when I arrived this morning.

I decided that I was going to cherry pick as much as I could chasing only solid high signals. It worked out pretty darn nice I'd say. Dug just a little clad but had a great day plucking 4 Silver Coins. About twenty minutes into the hunt I dug my first it was a Seated Dime about 6 inches. 10 minutes later the second was A Barber Dime at about the same depth. I went a long time before I hit another very nice signal. It was hitting 12-47 one way and 1-45 at a 45. The depth showed between 6 and 8 on the CTX. Dug the plug and could see the rim of a Big Silver. A Beautiful 1859o Seated Half Dollar. After digging the Bust Dime on Sunday I have my second ever Seated Half. It was pretty hard to concentrate after that but I was hoping to bag a Merc or Rosie for the trifecta. Only got one more good signal and I thought I had a good chance for one of those two coins but it was not to be. I had to settle with my third Seated for the day. I need to rest up a bit and maybe stop shaking. I will be going back very soon. The 4 Silvers now have me at 334 FTY. Trapper

Attachments

• 10-9-18 .jpg
    10-9-18 .jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 657
  • 10-9-18 1.jpg
    10-9-18 1.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 603
  • 10-9-18 2.jpg
    10-9-18 2.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:
"It worked out pretty darn nice I'd say" says Trapper. Lol

I think I'd be a little more colorful in that description. Looks like it Worked out phenomenal for you in my book.

Anothe killer day on some killer silver. I think I'd take that guy some cookies or something. And buy the way if you see me outside your house hunkered down in my truck and following you to that spot.... it's not me lol.

JK, of course, not sure what town you even live in, but keep up the good work!

Holy cow!!!! I only dream of finding a seated half!! I must have missed your capped bust thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Barber and pair of Seated Dimes are excellent recoveries but that big Seated is a special dig...congrats on your second one Trapper!

I dont hunt yards but thats the kinda yard that wants me to start hunting yards

"It worked out pretty darn nice I'd say" says Trapper. Lol

I think I'd be a little more colorful in that description. Looks like it Worked out phenomenal for you in my book.

Anothe killer day on some killer silver. I think I'd take that guy some cookies or something. And buy the way if you see me outside your house hunkered down in my truck and following you to that spot.... it's not me lol.

JK, of course, not sure what town you even live in, but keep up the good work!
Appreciate the kind words Craig. Guess I will have to open my eyes in the back of my head. Truth is I'm shaking still. Just having oh my gosh is this real feelings going on.
Holy cow!!!! I only dream of finding a seated half!! I must have missed your capped bust thread
Thanks Vic, I'm on such a high.... First to dig a Capped Bust on Sunday and then from the same property a Seated Half today. Plus 2 Seated Dimes and a Barber.
Holy carp! Seated half :shock:

Major congrats on the seated party there, that half is beautiful!!!!!!
Thank you Sweeper, a Capped Bust Dime on Sunday and a Seated Half today. Just hard for even me to fathom.
Wow! That half is amazing! Excellent finds Trapper!

Appreciate the response Tom. I don't think it can get any better for me. Trapper

whoa man ! that is a awesome hunt ! we surely don't see those seated halves come out very often. Nice score ! maybe you'll get a nice old gold next time ! good luck on your next outing! Thanks for sharing your stories and those wonderful photos with us!

Not sure what's more epic... on pace for 400+ silver coins for the year or digging a f#$@!% awesome Seated Half! What's next? A Seated Dollar? Just spectacular! Thanks for your posts.

The Barber and pair of Seated Dimes are excellent recoveries but that big Seated is a special dig...congrats on your second one Trapper!
Thank you Bruce for the kind words, they are greatly appreciated. Never thought I would ever get a second. Just a fantastic week for me.
I dont hunt yards but thats the kinda yard that wants me to start hunting yards
Thanks Toasted, I seldom get on the old grounds needed to find the stuff that you do. I feel truly blessed with this opportunity.
Wow! Sweet location
Thank you Betty. It truly is a sweet location. I hope to get a few more hunts on it.
Amazing hunt Trapper! That seated half is awesome!! Congrats!
Appreciate your reply Ron, thank you. The Half is in great condition, specially the obverse (tails) side. If I have my count right I think this is the 10th Half Dollar I dug this year. Trapper

Where was that again?:lol: You’d better start sweeping your truck for tracking devices,those kinds of finds are just about a good enough reason for me to stick one on there. Just about...;)
You have found what I call “an incredible site” Trapper. When you’re “cherry picking” Seated coins,you might have found a good site. You just never know when you’re gonna hit the huge one,and you have officially hit the huge one!
MEGA congratulations on doing the homework,the legwork and the hunting work to put those beauties in your collection.
334? Tick tock man! Tick tock...:grin:

whoa man ! that is a awesome hunt ! we surely don't see those seated halves come out very often. Nice score ! maybe you'll get a nice old gold next time ! good luck on your next outing! Thanks for sharing your stories and those wonderful photos with us!
Thank you for all the kind words Jeremy. A Gold Coin would be a very welcome find, I would settle for a Shield Nickel as that is still on my bucketlist.
:woohoo::thumbsup:
Oh what a feelin !
Big seated coin! :thumbsup::woohoo: GREAT SAVE!
Thanks Dick, what a feeling is a understatement. Dug a Capped Bust on Sunday and 3 Seated Coins today. If this a dream please don't wake me.
Dude,Sweetness!
Thanks Metal. This is and has been just a wonderful adventure.
Not sure what's more epic... on pace for 400+ silver coins for the year or digging a f#$@!% awesome Seated Half! What's next? A Seated Dollar? Just spectacular! Thanks for your posts.
Appreciate all the kind words Stiffy. The Seated Half is Special. Not sure I will get to 400 but it won't be from lack of effort. This site could give up my last common bucketlist coin, a Shield Nickel. Hope to get back by the end of the week. Trapper

Appreciate all the kind words Stiffy. The Seated Half is Special. Not sure I will get to 400 but it won't be from lack of effort. This site could give up my last common bucketlist coin, a Shield Nickel. Hope to get back by the end of the week. Trapper[/QUOTE]

I've loved watching your progress this year. Fun seeing that silver count go through the roof. I dug a Shield nickel a few weeks ago. Hard to believe I have one up on a living legend! Haha.

Attachments

• 20180913_163511_resized.jpg
    20180913_163511_resized.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 538
Great recoveries, Trapper. That seated half is in exceptionally good shape!

Simply amazing! Any one of those finds are stellar. I don't know how you can sleep at night from the adrenaline rush do to these finds you keep recovering? Congrats big time!

Back
Top Bottom