NOX new 6" Coil--2nd Day--Is a CLAD Buster

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Today, was the second day I used my new 6" coil. I went to a school baseball field complex. I had been there before on a couple of occasions.

At first I focused on areas that I knew I had detected before. Right from the start I was hitting some good targets. I moved onto some areas that I had not detect before and it seemed like I was in semi-virgin country.

What I liked about this coil is that I was able to get in close to the chain link fences and various metal supports. Due to the trashy can slaw/pull tabs I was running the rig in Park 1, 5 tones rather than my usual P2, 50T settings. I found that the small discarded aluminum chain link tie wires were displaying a solid 18 on the VDI. After awhile I skipped all those numbers by the fences.

For the day I recovered about $24.00 in Clad. As Mudpuppy would say, this is worth about 20 dug mercury dimes.

This new coil is a very nice addition for the way I detect and how easy it unmasks coins that otherwise probably would have been unfounded!

Attachments

• Coins 08122018 002.jpg
    Coins 08122018 002.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 198
WOW !! Congrats on a great hunt. Sounds like that 6" coil really does a good job. I have one on order so I hope to have mine soon. I also just got a Nox 800. Will hunt with it this coming week between rain storms. GL and HH. Pound those clads, they help pay for all our toys.

Dang man! That’s a lot of digging! I would be dead. Ha nice job!

Thanks WyoTom! It's amazing some of the usual same places are still giving up the goodies.

Excellent!!! I have several good spots with high traffic zones right by fences.

BCD

Thanks BufordCityDawg! This coil allows you to get in tight with those metal objects and recover those extra targets that others have let behind.

WOW !! Congrats on a great hunt. Sounds like that 6" coil really does a good job. I have one on order so I hope to have mine soon. I also just got a Nox 800. Will hunt with it this coming week between rain storms. GL and HH. Pound those clads, they help pay for all our toys.

Thanks bubbaron! Although it was only my second day using it, by the results it kind of let like I was at a new location all over again. With the 800 adjustable settings and this coil you should be able to pick out a few more targets that otherwise would have been left behind. Good luck with you new equipment it will be like Christmas all over again.

Congrats JAK on the new coil and a huge clad haul. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! What a difference a new day brings especially with a new coil. Now I can go back and revisit all of my stand-by locations and pickup the extra crumbs that I had left behind.

Good to hear the 6" coil is working great for you.

Thanks graybeard! This coil will probably earn its keep in a few weeks. Already in two short days, I pulled in like $30.00 from locations that I had been to in the past.

Originally Posted by jack&jill View post

Thanks Trapper! What a difference a new day brings especially with a new coil. Now I can go back and revisit all of my stand-by locations and pickup the extra crumbs that I had left behind.

Jak that is a lesson I learned myself this year. A new perspective discovered on old grounds with a different view and a new toy. Keep this in your thoughts as you expand your horizons in this hobby. Trapper

Dang man! rich folks there! that many targets in Georgia would be 90% zinc pennies!

every different machine I have I find what I missed before, whether simple or complex machine..

remember there is no magic wand, but a smooth operator in a great location helps!

good hunt! looks like a winning setting and machine to me...it appears you are on the way to mastering it.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by jack&jill View post

Jak that is a lesson I learned myself this year. A new perspective discovered on old grounds with a different view and a new toy. Keep this in your thoughts as you expand your horizons in this hobby. Trapper

Thanks again Trapper! I always appreciate words of wisdom especially by those who show results; and that my friend...you have!

Killed it!

Thanks calabash digger! If it were not for your fine informative videos, I would not be finding the number of treasures that I have so far. You have shorten the learning curve for me with the NOX.

My back hurts just looking at all that digging. One heck of a day...great job

Thanks taltexan! I usually don't post my clad finds, but I was truly amazed by the finds that were discovered by this new coil in the two locations I revisited. I love the exercise, especially when I keep hitting those targets.

Dang man! rich folks there! that many targets in Georgia would be 90% zinc pennies!

every different machine I have I find what I missed before, whether simple or complex machine..

remember there is no magic wand, but a smooth operator in a great location helps!

good hunt! looks like a winning setting and machine to me...it appears you are on the way to mastering it.

Thanks dixiedigger! I hear what you are saying and appreciate it. What has really helped me by the tones/sounds, is the years I had with the Tesero Tejon. It took me a good year to get comfortable with it, but when I was able to differentiate those slight differences in tones, it was a good machine for its time. Much like the NOX in that regards too.

Thank you!

Nice finds.

Taking notes Mud?

Thanks tnsharpshooter! Hopefully, I will find some silver or other goodies soon. And thanks for all your hard work too for sharing your various report finding.

That's a lot of digging

Thanks pick! It's nice when I dig and to find these good targets. It is a pleasure to use this coil.

How's the depth on it?

So for the two locations I have been to, the range of the targets have been generally a good 5-6" and less. However, in a wood chip tot lot, I found an older quarter that was 8-9" down.

Back
Top Bottom