• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A previously undetected yard is a beautiful thing

Jodo_Kast501

So I got permission to detect a house built in 1893 just down the street from me. The homeowner has lived there for about 50 years and told me it had never been detected. I've come up with 20–25 wheats and six silvers so far out of just the side yard, but these are just my finds from yesterday. My favorite of the finds is the 1916-S Barber dime. Also in the photo is a small Deers makeup case, a broken sterling brooch, and half of one of those friendship necklaces that you put together to make a heart. I can't wait to get back to the yard and see what else is in the ground.

WCk19Dyl.jpg

pc5glYZl.jpg

ZoZjyMyl.jpg

iE34hPHl.jpg

Great permission. Congrats on the pile o silver and other nice finds. Looking forward to your updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Treat that owner special in your own ways if you get the chance. Besides, they are part of the experience ;-)

Keep them happy is what I'm saying. Talk, if they are talkers. Don't lose the back yard if you can help it.

I'd just about kill for that permission right now.

Looks like a 1916 mercury dime

Check and see if it has a Denver mint mark if it does you are very lucky!

How did you go about asking for permission. I don't know how to do it. That certainly must habe been exciting to find all that with a lot more yard to go. Congrats!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

How did you go about asking for permission. I don't know how to do it. That certainly must habe been exciting to find all that with a lot more yard to go. Congrats!!!

I used to go to church with the guy who lives in this house and we fell into conversation as he was moving some stuff into his house from his car one day and I was walking to go detect another house. I actually didn't even ask, he offered! But in general when getting permissions, I just try to be friendly, engaging, and upfront. I also teach history for a living, so that helps me get my foot in the door.

Thanks for the response. It certainly helps to know someone.

Back
Top Bottom