• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Southbay Report 2-8-2019

Pyriteboy

I have been on the DL with shoulder & back problems for the last 8-9 months. The shoulder is getting incrementally better, so this last Tuesday I suited up and went on a rainy road trip to a beach that I have visited only a few times. As it was, this beach was not firing, with only a slow pick on targets. Before going home, I decided to check out a different area and found some exposed hardpan with heavy black sand. I dumbed down the Aquasearch a bit and slowly searched the hardpan-black sand contact, digging all signals, both real and imagined. The ring, the 2 dimes, the walking half and the other item (what is it?) came from this spot. Just happy to have gotten out.

-Jerry

Attachments

• DSCN8806.jpg
    DSCN8806.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 438
  • DSCN8808.jpg
    DSCN8808.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 434
  • DSCN8809.jpg
    DSCN8809.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCN8810.jpg
    DSCN8810.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCN8811.jpg
    DSCN8811.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 387
The unidentified piece seems like the top part of a ring.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Love it. Never get tired of seeing beach-kissed silver coins. And the green-quarters are always a good sign of older sand coming into view. Good to see some CA action.

Love seeing that Walker! I hope I can find one one day. I went through left shoulder pain about 2 years ago. Went to see my school's trainer and he gave me stretches and therapy exercises to do. I also got those elastic bands and followed some YouTube guys shoulder exercises with it. No more issues and my shoulder is a lot stronger. I have also started doing push-up and crunches in the last few months and have noticed a definite increase in strength and stamina out in the water.

What an awesome hunt. Congrats on the silver! I think that one piece might be the top of ring...hard to tell but that would be my first guess

Nice hunting Jerry, congrats on the silvas! There's only one beach that I've ever pulled a silver walker out of, two actually on different occasions, and its located in Southbay, I wonder If that's the beach you were at...:grin:

That's a nice hunt. I'd be happy with a Rosie right about now.

R5

Back
Top Bottom