Tiffany saves the Day!

Compass

Forum Supporter
The tides and the surf looked promising so I went detecting after work one day last week. There were small cuts at a couple of beaches and I found a good amount of targets over several hours in the wet sand.
picture.php

Again I split time between the Dual Field and the Equinox 800 and both performed pretty well although I was a little disappointed and a bit surprised that I didn't find any gold, especially, with so many coins and rings. When I got home and emptied my finds pouch I looked closer at one of the darkened silver rings that I remembered finding and saw some markings on the ring's edge. As I rubbed it with my thumb I could start to make out "....& CO"!!
picture.php

It's been over a year since I found anything from Tiffany & Co. but I knew that this ring would clean up nicely.
picture.php

Apparently, this is an older piece but I did find one listed on E-bay for nearly $400! I don't actually remember which detector I was using when I found this ring. It was very early in the morning and very dark outside. I just remember thinking it was "blackened" silver, put it in my pouch and moved on to the next a many targets. It sure is great to be pleasantly surprised when you get home. More often it's the other way around- things that look good at night have, on many occasions, turned out to look not so nice the next morning! :roll: GL&HH!

Very nice!!! Congrats on the Tiff and Co. Still hoping to find something from that brand. Even without that, you did pretty well...8 rings total is much better than what I do in a few weeks.

Well, that cleaned up nice. Good find!

R5

Nice hunt George! Very nice T&CO ring! Awesome clean up job too, looks brand new! Is that Ice I see on it?

:dingding:Designer silver is as good as finding gold - great score!

Congrats on the Tiffany ring! It baffles me how people spend so much money just to have a particular brand on their ring :lol:, but I guess it's good for us if we decide to resell the jewellery.

Very nice!!! Congrats on the Tiff and Co. Still hoping to find something from that brand. Even without that, you did pretty well...8 rings total is much better than what I do in a few weeks.
Thanks Saltshaker, You are right- it wasn't a bad hunt even w/o the Tiffany but with that many targets, gold was a real possibility.
Nice Taco! Only found 1 myself.

Nice hunting :)
Thanks GS, My son thought it said "Taco".
Great hunt and a nice ring!
Thanks Saoirse!
Well, that cleaned up nice. Good find!

R5
Thank you Raider!
Very nice hunt George. Awesome Tiffany find.
Thanks Jeff, I saw another hunter around midnight but it was too dark to see if it was someone we know.
Taco, I saw that too.:D
You guys are making me hungry!

Nice finds Compass!
Thanks Walrus, Bring on the winter swells! :yes:

Nice hunt George! Very nice T&CO ring! Awesome clean up job too, looks brand new! Is that Ice I see on it?
Thanks Slim! Yes, very small diamonds but I guess it gives Tiffany a reason to tack more onto the already high price.

:dingding:Designer silver is as good as finding gold - great score!
Thanks Felix, I couldn't agree more! :yes:

Nice! Quality just in the name.
Thanks goodmore, I think the high quality is why the ring cleaned up so nicely.
Beautiful ring! A nice find for sure!
Thanks Krusty! Any time my wife is impressed I know it was a great hunt! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom