Advice sites

The good,Bad,&the ugly of it all(metal detectors that is)

I'm glad were all different wouldn't life be boring if EVERYTHING is the same.
We make do with what is available at the moment.Expensive or cheap its ALL ABOUT THE FUN OF THE HUNT!:yes:

Metal Detectors

I have an White IDX Pro that I like. I am nterested in a detector that finds placer and nuggetts and can be used in streams. Being new I would like some detectors that anyone has used that they like for above. Thanks Frenchfry ps: you can post or e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks Again.

detectors

like he said this is not about what is best or the worst . what you like someone else may not what does the job go with . it is the man behindthe detector , i am a musician and i do not recmond any guitar for anyone. kneelever

I am looking at getting my first detector and have been checking several brands & have narrowed it down to 3 choices that fit my budgit. After reading this post I am afraid to mention the brands, the manufactor of both brands claim theirs is the best. I want something for the beach & in the hills and parks around my area. I am on a disability pension so money is limited,2 of the ones I have looked at I can get for cost +10% through the store my wife works at. I am leaning in that direction but ........... on the other hand should I spend more and pay full price or what? If anyone wants to ask about my choices then I will tell the what I am looking at. Thanks

Shark,
You sound like you are in the same boat with me. Retired, on disability, I want to buy a Fishre 1280-X but have not seen much information on that model. That is my price range though. I have no idea what other MD I could purchase within that range that would work for me... I was hoping to get an idea here, but I am still confused. By the way good luck! I will be geting one right after Memorial Day. If anybody has an opinion, I would sure appreciate it. I want to shoot coins, and jewlry, beach, land, wet sand.
Thanks,
Jack (Teamleader)

Advice on detector purchase

:?: I live on the Cumberland Plateau, between Knoxville and Nashville Tennesse which has alot of BLACK SAND . I was not that happy with White's IDX Pro. Considering ACE 250 as I do not want to adjust lots of dials. Please PM me as I would like a HONEST OPINION. I will not take offense as I am to OLD to worry about that kind of thing. Thank You all in advance. PS: I plan to buy a unit this Friday or Saturday. [email protected]

www.cscope.co.uk

its is a brand of detectors that called my attention recently, I would really like to know the opinions of people who have used them :cool:

Garret infinium, or Fisher F75? Cant Make up my mind..The land and sea infinium would be a great idea, but I've never owned an Garret, all I know is there their Pin Pointer they make is indestructable. I think Fisher has a better warranty? Plus the machine is much lighter. IDK...

Garret infinium, or Fisher F75? Cant Make up my mind..The land and sea infinium would be a great idea, but I've never owned an Garret, all I know is there their Pin Pointer they make is indestructable. I think Fisher has a better warranty? Plus the machine is much lighter. IDK...

2 extremely different detectors, so different that I can't really see how there could be a choice between them, unless as a 2nd unit.

We just finished development of a new tool that we're calling, The Metal Detector Selector.

All you have to do is fill out a short form and we provide our top detector recommendations.

Would love to hear anyone's feedback!

http://www.hollandsbrook.com/metal-detector-selector

Hey Marcus, that tool works pretty good. I entered my info and the results showed three results, two of which I have been considering. The F4 or F5 :?:

It's worth a try, However....

As a new member, without general computer experience, I'm not sure where to post my question...Does Kellyco have any competition with the White detectors? When I purchased several years ago, there were several options. Now, in the market for a new one, and can't find anybody to negotiate with.
What's the deal?

As a new member, without general computer experience, I'm not sure where to post my question...Does Kellyco have any competition with the White detectors? When I purchased several years ago, there were several options. Now, in the market for a new one, and can't find anybody to negotiate with.
What's the deal?
Hi, Go right to the top of these posts, on the right side where you see the little welcome box/rectangle and your nick name, look above that. There's a link to click on that reads-- list all sponsors. Click it and visit any or see who deals your whites. These are our sponsos here and all good dealers,,,I don't know about Whites but....their are now great md's from 219.00 and up that are good working and competetive machines. Read some posts in the area called (All about detectors) and you'll see many posts where we all chat with the guys here with a ton of experience on md's . Whites, fisher, Garrett...and all..
GL and HH

Bashing begins in my opinion when a person posts what detector he owns and someone calls it a piece of junk... Look.. we all have bashed in the past certain detectors and we learned from it or should have. Maybe we should come up with a list of detectors not to buy, such as the chinese ones.. Example you read on certain sites the rave reviews the Viper gets and those of us who have been in this hobby the longest know they are not very good. Then again a list could create a can of worms...

Is there something wrong with the Chinese products?

Perhaps you should warn these guys too ;) -
http://www.jiesworld.com/international_corporations_in_china.htm

I kinda like the fact that they ship anywhere in the world and we can buy direct - Something we can no longer do out of the USA.........:cool:

The Chinese detectors are ripoffs of other manufacturers technology, even using names and logos. Example is the Chinese sand shark salt water detector using name and sand shark logo.

I refuse to buy them myself.

Hello, One factor that has gotten very little attention is The Ground!
While Detector X may work very well in Ground Type Y and Horribly in Ground Type Z
Detector A may in fact be great in Ground Z and horrible in ground Y.

Could also be the detector setup as they are very configurable, so if yours is different, please share your setup so the detectorist having issues may be able to resolve them.

Let's use this to help each other, rather than point fingers, without at least trying to be constructive about it.

So far, it sounds like we are ALL on the same page, let's work towards keeping it that way.

Back
Top Bottom