Nosy neighbor warning others about detectorist

2108silver1

Had a lady post on a forum for our town warning people about my buddy. She didn't like the fact that people in her neighborhood let him detect their yards. She said heads up he is gonna look for coins dig em up and take em. He is gonna do the whole block lookout. Seems the forum came to the support of my buddy. Anyone had this happen to you.

Never have , that's pretty bogus . I stopped reading my neighborhood forum because seeing how many nut jobs live around me was making me uneasy . Good to see the forum came to the support of your buddy .

Never had this happen. Most of us have enough more important issues to deal with, rather then trying to police the world, or our own neighborhoods.

Never have , that's pretty bogus . I stopped reading my neighborhood forum because seeing how many nut jobs live around me was making me uneasy . Good to see the forum came to the support of your buddy .

:laughing: :laughing: more sad than funny but you gotta laugh!

I never signed up for ours, don’t need the drama. OP - glad the neighbors backed your friend.

I've had nosey neighbors ask me to leave public places before, but nothing like this. Good to see the neighborhood is on your buddies side.

I've had the cops called on me by a neighbor while detecting a public park.

I've had permission to detect a private yard and the next door neighbor come over and give me attitude "do you have permission". I'm like "no dude, I just drive into random old subdivisions with 1/4 acre lots and just detect the front yards of houses where the whole neighborhood can see me". (I suppose I shouldn't joke about it; apparently people do do this).

But I've never had anyone try to organize against me. I think there are some people who simply don't want others to enjoy their lives. I think, at least those of us who have been around awhile, have run into a handful of these types. Ignore them and move forward as best you can. Don't annoy them, as that defines their miserable life even further.

I've had the cops called on me by nosy people but never by my neighbors. Always ends up the same way.........cop has to respond to the call and tells me to leave.

Yes

Yeah she took a lot of liberty in her post. Seen all sorts over the years with door knocking but these was wired it was like she was warning the city about an invasion .

Sounds like she's a little wacky, it was good that the neighborhood saw through her rhetoric. I have had the cops called on me several times and my reply is always, yes I have permission to be here. I wouldn't just walk on the property and start detecting. Most times they don't even bother to ask who gave me permission. One that made me shake my head was I had received permission by a guy to do a big old yard in town, when I arrived I started swinging and the guy came running out of the house and said whoa, the wife said no, she's worried you might find something valuable. Duh ! I thanked him and left. Mark

Are you talking about Next door neighbor forums?

The wife and I both were cohersed into joining one. Holy carp:wow: we had a race to see who could get away from it the fastest. My first unsubscribe attempt failed and I had to blind delete it for another month.

I never realized how many screwballs lived among us. Eyes wide open

Way too many concerned citizens in my gated community

The wife and I both were cohersed into joining one. Holy carp:wow: we had a race to see who could get away from it the fastest. My first unsubscribe attempt failed and I had to blind delete it for another month.

I never realized how many screwballs lived among us. Eyes wide open

Way too many concerned citizens in my gated community
Yeah , I signed up about 3 years ago. After reading some of these claims , accusations that some people had against certain things for a month , THE KOB could not keep his mouth shut from all the falsehoods ! None were against me , just others in the community. So I called out a few people and was instantly ganged up on. Then had some 30ish administrator PM me. His main issue weren't my claims , but the fact that I didn't post a picture of myself. Therefore no one could identify me. Had a bad feeling these fools wanted to track me down. It was a total joke with no accountability from these nextdoor clowns. After about 4 months of being alerted for neighborhood nonsense , I was stressed out...Deleted my account and have never been happier 🤣

I had a nosey neighbor that could not hold down a job smells like pot constantly questioning me on how much gold and silver I found. I answered not really a whole lot he said well then why do you spend so much time doing it. I told him just for the pure enjoyment. I now have a security system with cameras.

Back
Top Bottom