Pat Feb 26 95

teotwawki12

Elite Member
It's hollow and it's some sort of copper alloy...and it has a patent date one it. Anybody recognize this doo dad?

Attachments

• DSCN0515.jpg
    DSCN0515.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 290
the size seems perfectly reasonable; I have found tiny little oilers for sewing machines and the like... I think you may be on it! My patent searching revealed a sewage filtering machine design for that date so I think I like yours better....thanks man!

Found this oil can patent that looks like it could be a match. Seems like a darn small oil can though, but I guess tiny things need oiling sometimes too. The patent documents don’t give any indication of actual measurements, so who knows!

View attachment 446316

Full patent documents can be found here:

US Patent and Trademark Office: Mr. Chase’s Oil Can

Using that as a basis for searching photos, I found this photo of old oilers....check out the one kind of in the back middle...feeling good about that one....thank AT

Attachments

• 61AA9EAC-3731-4B3D-9EA7-DBEAE5A19DF0.jpg
    61AA9EAC-3731-4B3D-9EA7-DBEAE5A19DF0.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 209
Using that as a basis for searching photos, I found this photo of old oilers....check out the one kind of in the back middle...feeling good about that one....thank AT

Absolutely, I think that one in the picture sure seals the deal! Cool find, and good research tag team!

My patent searching revealed a sewage filtering machine design for that date so I think I like yours better...

Often times it’s a blast looking through old patents, like a trip through history...but sometimes it just plain “stinks” :lol:

Glad to have helped!!

Back
Top Bottom