• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Wasn't even on my list of things to find !

TonyAZ

Elite Member
Actually don't even have a list.. Saw an area last week that had been cleared of brush and finally got to Check It out yesterday.. First hour or so was just cruising around looking for any thing old. Lots of trash as usual.. Pretty much used to that.. Found a few memorial pennies. Pull tabs screwcaps.. Then I finally started to find some older items , old spoon small pieces of brass. Started detecting this area hard. Finally found a wheat penny.. More shell casings , shotgun cases too. Then I get a really nice signal . Out of the ground comes this large item with two holes in it, odd shape too. Can't see any writing on it, so i rub it like a bottle with a genie in it.. And I see writing on it! First picture is as found, after rubbing on it. Found a marble, an old key, and a really worn mercury. dime.. Here's a picture after a vinegar soak. Dug a lot of holes today check out my trash pile picture ! Really happy to have found this Vehicle registration tag! Tony AZ..
e17023c6456336b4e5a5d2f0eca5d7c2.jpg
eaac66eb40946c9d2acf9f585eba85ac.jpg
d73611bc67a0dd3563955a27a4bba716.jpg

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

So he drove his car across the river from California that is where it died and never went back. It must have been a Chevy.:laughing: Pretty cool bunch of diggs nice job.

Really nice tag and key. My girlfriend and hunt partner, Sue, is originally from the town listed on the key, New Britain, Conn. which is the home of Stanley Tools and has a huge Polish population earning it the nickname New Britski.

That badge/tag is a beauty. Those "Americana" things look great in shadow box displays ! Evokes lots of nostalgia.

Back
Top Bottom