• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hallelujah! Back on the Silver Train!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Had about 4 hunts in a row with no shiny, I was stuck on the Wheat Penny Train, but thankfully have gotten back on the Silver Train again!

"All Aboard!" started on Saturday when two local yards netted 4 silver dimes, and today up in Missoula I found four more silver dimes, plus Sterling earring and one big size 12 Sterling ring! Also got about $4.00 in clad, about 30 wheaties back to 1913 and one 1904 Indian Head Cent. I didn't chase nickel signals as I was looking for high conductors.

Odd finds were a Los Angeles early ca 1910 Doctor's metal tag, not sure of the history on that one. Also found a George Washington Father of His Country coin, looks newer, and an unusual BURTON K. WHEELER coin. Turns out he was a Montana Senator from 1923-1946, perhaps this was one of his re-election coins. Don't know what those copper cartridges are, any help appreciated. They rang up good, and look like an old rifle cartridge but are pinched at one end, kind of like that was the way they were made.

Am grateful for my finds, and thank you for your interest!

Attachments

• cz1.jpg
    cz1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 480
  • cz2.jpg
    cz2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 427
  • cz3.jpg
    cz3.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 442
  • cz4.jpg
    cz4.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 421
David you not only got on the Silver train, you climbed on the express. Two very impressive hunts. Congrats on the 8 Silver Dimes, the Indian along with the Tokens and all those Wheat's. Trapper

Wow, some amazing finds there. Congrats.

HD

Thanks HD!

David you not only got on the Silver train, you climbed on the express. Two very impressive hunts. Congrats on the 8 Silver Dimes, the Indian along with the Tokens and all those Wheat's. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! Funny how the silver seems to come in spurts. Yesterday in Missoula I had the four silvers in the first two hours of detecting, no more for the rest of the hunt, but I did find the odd stuff later in the day, so that kept it interesting for sure!

Way to go LS great hunt and congrats on the silver haul. HH Mark

Thanks Mark!

Nice finds and a whole lot of silver. Congratulations.

Thanks jerr-man!

WOW!!! That is a nice haul of silver!! Congrats!

Thank you, StratTone!

Congrats on the stellar hunts! Awesome finds. Thanks for letting us have a look. Good luck!

Thank you, Beachhunter!

Octuplet of coins!! Wow very good!

Thanks metaladdict!

Congrats on the silver and IHP! :woot:

Thanks Wolf-Dog!

Back
Top Bottom