It happened!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Loomis has cut delivery of KT's weekly order to 2 boxes...:p:p

So KT got them, and ran through them this afternoon. Only thing present worthwhile was a 2003 Clad Proof in Box 1...Box 2 was a bust.

No need to post any images this week as no silver recovered.

Short and not so sweet report this week.

Hoping for better luck next week!

So KT got them, and ran through them this afternoon. Only thing present worthwhile was a 2003 Clad Proof in Box 1...Box 2 was a bust.

No need to post any images this week as no silver recovered.

Short and not so sweet report this week.

Hoping for better luck next week!

My equivalent to 32 cents at the beach! :laughing:

Wishing KT a better box (or boxes, who knows how Loomis rolls *da dum TSSSS*)! :laughing:

Josh

My equivalent to 32 cents at the beach! :laughing:

Wishing KT a better box (or boxes, who knows how Loomis rolls *da dum TSSSS*)! :laughing:

Josh

Thanks, Josh for your comments. Several years back, the Loomis deliver man was griping to one of the bank employees about having to lug those heavy boxes into the bank once a week. Well, the bank manager over heard him, jumped him about his comments, and told him a lot of people would love to have his job! So if he heard him making any additional negative comments, he, the bank manager, could see fit to talk to Loomis management, to get him reassigned...or worse! Never heard of him uttering another peep! :laughing::laughing:

But now, it is different circumstances, and they use the excuse that there is a coin shortage...bull pucky! Not with half dollars, because no one uses them in general circulation nowadays. Just looking for an excuse. If they drop KT's orders, His Majesty will see what the situation is with his local Federal Credit Union before giving up on this hobby. And they have a coin drop machine, too!

They onto your or what? Two for you, two for the delivery guy :laughing:

Cute idea, but His Majesty does not think so. KT thinks the delivery guy is just too lazy to want to hassle with these heavy boxes. But His Majesty's view is Loomis is a delivery service, delivering bulk packed coin and paper money to businesses, banks, etc., much like UPS, but on a more local basis. They only make one delivery a week to KT's branch bank, so why gripe about it? They got a job, just do it, safely and reliably.

KT is not griping about the system, however, because since early 2012, it worked flawlessly, delivering 5 boxes a week for years, until Covid shut it down. And now it is on a stutter start to begin again. After a year off work on the government dole, it is hard to start back working on a regular basis. If it ends, that will give KT the Royal Opportunity to give a long term summary of this hobby!

And if it ends, KT will begin to purchase about one roll of 90%ers a month. At least it did not take His Majesty 6 hours this week to get those 2 boxes searched, but only around two hours, leaving KT some extra time for other projects, like photographing fluorescent minerals! :laughing::laughing:

Nuts. Sorry to hear this KT.

Could you mayhaps ask another branch of Ye Royal Banke to also order 2 boxes, so the poor bugger only has to carry 2 at a time? Or verily -- you should add 4 branches to your route so he has to now carry DOUBLE what he used to. I take pleasure in making lazy people work harder. Your mileage may vary, lol. :)

KT, it's not just in your area. I went to my bank today at lunch to get my 4 boxes and was told about another "coin shortage". I was told it may be hit or miss in the upcoming weeks but they will do there best to keep my boxes coming. Here we go again...

Nuts. Sorry to hear this KT.

Could you mayhaps ask another branch of Ye Royal Banke to also order 2 boxes, so the poor bugger only has to carry 2 at a time? Or verily -- you should add 4 branches to your route so he has to now carry DOUBLE what he used to. I take pleasure in making lazy people work harder. Your mileage may vary, lol. :)

KT, it's not just in your area. I went to my bank today at lunch to get my 4 boxes and was told about another "coin shortage". I was told it may be hit or miss in the upcoming weeks but they will do there best to keep my boxes coming. Here we go again...

Thank you both, TorqueMaster and Chuck B for your kind comments. Well, at least KT does not not think His Royal Highness is being singled out in this situation. KT will persist in asking the bank to order 5 boxes and see what Loomis does! Unfortunately, the local banks are being caught in the middle of this situation, trying to make the customer happy by ordering what they request and then having to tell that same customer later that the supplier did not meet the request. Kinda between a rock and a hard place. And that is some poor lower echelon counter worker at the bank, not even the local branch manager. That is why KT never has a bad word for them.

Back
Top Bottom