Dc, md, va

Over the river in northern VA! Welcome, there's a ton of people in the Maryland area who should pop in soon.

know any good.spots in DC? I'm down to go anywhere

I'd be careful in the DC city area, most of the lands are in some way federal. You might need to venture beyond and go into parks and outer areas around it in MD and VA.

I'm in NOVA. I got permission to detect on a huge plot of land in Loudoun so if the first visit goes well and the owner allows more, I may want to invite a 2nd. It is over 80 acres.

I'm in NOVA. I got permission to detect on a huge plot of land in Loudoun so if the first visit goes well and the owner allows more, I may want to invite a 2nd. It is over 80 acres.

Keep us posted how it goes. I'd love to have a permission that big. I live nearby if you need the second!

EmuD, you would be worth having on an expedition for your awesome artifact identification prowess alone!

How do you do it? AI? Mad Google Fu skills?

I've been reading the ID threads recently for edutainment, here is lockdown DC. Amazing what the crowd-sourced ID format can do!

On that note, for those looking for something to read during these isolationary times, I offer the following local history books free to interested parties:

A Grateful Remembrance: The Story of Montgomery County, Maryland 1776-1976, Mac Master and Herbert 1976, 1996

Ewell's March Home: The Civil War and Early Times in and around Greenwich, VA. Barron, Earle, D.Min. 1999

The Civil War In Fauquier, Scheel, Eugene M. 1997

Last two kind of go together, for anybody who's been down Greenwich Road to Catlett.

Post here and if you are first dibs, PM with mailing address.

EmuD, you would be worth having on an expedition for your awesome artifact identification prowess alone!

How do you do it? AI? Mad Google Fu skills?

I've been reading the ID threads recently for edutainment, here is lockdown DC. Amazing what the crowd-sourced ID format can do!

haha thanks! It's a couple of things really, I really enjoy research and digging around online, old stuff is also just a hobby of mine especially with guns/mil stuff. To familiarize myself with relic stuff I also just scroll around online when I am bored on google, eBay, etc searching terms like "civil war relic" "dug relic" etc. to just see stuff. Then when I notice here it helps with ID.

I’m in Fairfax, VA. Just bought a Garrett Apex. I’d be up for a group dig anywhere in the tri-state area.

Hey all! Maryland over by Annapolis here. I've been doing a ton of research and have land/farms mapped out for CW possibilities and colonial. I'm newer at this so I'm not the best at door knocking. I recently had shoulder surgery and haven't done much. I love sharing properties so if you're good at door knocking and can teach me some things, maybe we can team up to knock on possible prime properties!

Cheers,
Matt

Back
Top Bottom